Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Fixing Aquantia 10G Ethernet with AQC113C chip for MacOS Ventura

The problem is not an inherent issue with your motherboard. It is a common USER error.

Your USBPorts.kext is incorrectly configured. This is apparent when looking at how ports HS13 & HS14 are set. Both of these ports are likely to be devices connected to an internal port, which uses the connector type 'Internal', definitely not USB3 ports.

Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 09.41.06.png Wrongly configured ports highlighted.

The ITE device will definitely be connected to an Internal/non user accessible USB port.
The HS14 port is most likely connected to the built-in Bluetooth module.

Given that these two ports are set with the wrong connector type, I wouldn't be surprised if others were also wrong. As I see things your USBPorts.kext is worse than not having one.

But by all means give up.

The problem is not an inherent issue with your motherboard. It is a common USER error.

Your USBPorts.kext is incorrectly configured. This is apparent when looking at how ports HS13 & HS14 are set. Both of these ports are likely to be devices connected to an internal port, which uses the connector type 'Internal', definitely not USB3 ports.

View attachment 572711 Wrongly configured ports highlighted.

The ITE device will definitely be connected to an Internal/non user accessible USB port.
The HS14 port is most likely connected to the built-in Bluetooth module.

Given that these two ports are set with the wrong connector type, I wouldn't be surprised if others were also wrong. As I see things your USBPorts.kext is worse than not having one.

But by all means give up.
I'll try again sometime this week :)
I will carry on using my 2.5 Base-T PCIe Network adaptor(RTL8125B) for now.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for the great information in this thread! It got me running with 10 Gig networking.

My setup is different but similar enough to get an Asus XG-C100C V2 (AQC113CS) card working with this guide on a fresh installation of Sonoma 14.1 (23B74) using open core 0.9.5. Only steps 1 - 4 were required since the device ID 94C0 appears to already be in the native kernel extension. The DMAR step was required to re-enable the integrated motherboard RealtekRTL8111 after successfully enabling the 10 gig card.

My testing has been limited to only 5 Gig throughput connected to an AT&T fiber internet router (BGW320-500). However, the card and router are connected via a Zyxel XS1930-10 managed switch and the card registers as 10 Gig full duplex and the router as 5 Gig full duplex. Now that the networking is functional, the next steps are to build out a 10 Gig pfSense firewall and integrate into my LAN.

Asus-XG-C100C-V2_text.png

Asus2.png

Asus3.png

Back