Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Fixing Aquantia 10G Ethernet with AQC113C chip for MacOS Ventura

My 10G Ethernet works great. I can't find a fix for the sleep issue(instantly wakes up after sleep)
It has been over a year, I thought there would be a fix by now. All my USB ports are mapped.

Having a misconfigured USBPorts.kext is the most likely reason for Sleep/Wake/Reboot issues in macOS.

So your USB ports may be mapped but all it takes is one port with the wrong connector type to mess with your systems sleep function.

Start a new thread asking for someone to check your USB setup in the Post Installation - General forum, post a copy of your USBPorts.kext or USBMap.kext so we can see what you are currently using.

Having a misconfigured USBPorts.kext is the most likely reason for Sleep/Wake/Reboot issues in macOS.

So your USB ports may be mapped but all it takes is one port with the wrong connector type to mess with your systems sleep function.

post a copy of your USBPorts.kext or USBMap.kext so we can see what you are using.
Thanks for your quick reply :)

I used Hackintool to map the USB ports. I was on another forum last year and apparently, it's a known issue using SSDT-Aquantia-AQC113C.aml. I have a 2.5Base-T PCIe Network adaptor(RTL8125B) that works without issues
(SSDT-Aquantia-AQC113C.aml disabled)

I will map the USB ports again.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 09.41.06.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 09.41.06.png
    250 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hi,

I believe you have onboard AQC NIC, right?

My 10G Ethernet works great. I can't find a fix for the sleep issue(instantly wakes up after sleep)
It has been over a year, I thought there would be a fix by now. All my USB ports are mapped.
Do you mean the very first wake up after putting your hack to sleep? Does it sleep afterwards? ...or it does not sleep at all?

I used Hackintool to map the USB ports. I was on another forum last year and apparently, it's a known issue using SSDT-Aquantia-AQC113C.aml. [..]
Hang on, for the AQC113C to work in Ventura, according to the Asus Z690 Creator thread of CaseySJ, you just need:
  • updated Opencore
  • ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk enabled in Kernel section of OC
  • nothing else (no DeviceProperties specified, no aml file)
Try and see whether it works or not..

Hi,

I believe you have onboard AQC NIC, right?

Do you mean the very first wake up after putting your hack to sleep? Does it sleep afterwards? ...or it does not sleep at all?

Hang on, for the AQC113C to work in Ventura, according to the Asus Z690 Creator thread of CaseySJ, you just need:
  • updated Opencore
  • ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk enabled in Kernel section of OC
  • nothing else (no DeviceProperties specified, no aml file)
Try and see whether it works or not..
* No, it doesn't sleep afterward
* Yes, my 10GB Ethernet is onboard
* I'm using the latest opencore(0.9.5). I will give it a try and let you know.

Thanks

Last edited:
https://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/PCIE10GB/

AQC113CS
Runs natively even on Apple silicon. No patch necessary (at least on apple silicon).

Supports AirPlay over Ethernet. I have one running in a modified thunderbolt nvme enclosure, I added a m.2 to pcie adapter and enclosed everything in a custom-built acrylic enclosure. Runs beautifully.

* No, it doesn't sleep afterward
* Yes, my 10GB Ethernet is onboard
* I'm using the latest opencore(0.9.5). I will give it a try and let you know.

Thanks
Unfortunately, the Ethernet stops working if I disable AQC113C.aml.

Maybe if you fix the DMAR tables as per the first post then your Ethernet might work without AQC113C.aml ?

Maybe if you fix the DMAR tables as per the first post then your Ethernet might work without AQC113C.aml ?
configured the conf.plist to work without AQC113C.aml. unfortunately, I still have the same issue. ive come to the conclusion this will be an inherent issue with this motherboard.

Thank you to everyone who tried to help me :)

Back