CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 560
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After spending nearly half a day pouring through numerous posts to find a fix for getting an Aquantia 10G Ethernet pci-e card with AQC113C chip to work, wanted to summarize the steps that worked in case it helps someone else.

This works for an Asus Maximus Hero XI mainboard with an Intel i9-9900k processor, but probably most other compatible Intel configurations will be similar.

1) ENable VT-D in BIOS

2) in OpenCore config.plist, set DisableIoMapper to FALSE and ForceAquantiaEthernet to TRUE:
<key>DisableIoMapper</key> <false/> .... <key>ForceAquantiaEthernet</key> <true/>

3) If after rebooting, the original ethernet connection becomes unstable (it keeps connecting and disconnecting), then the DMAR table has to be fixed as shown in this post:
https://github.com/acidanthera/Open...674ec7a2aa1ce4860bbcc7#commitcomment-69632130

DMAR-delete-reserved.png
Open MaciASL, select “File -> New from ACPI -> DMAR”
If in the resulting file there is a reserved region at the end, delete the reserved region shown in the image above and save the resulting file as SSDT-DMAR.aml and place it in EFI -> OC -> ACPI

Running “File -> OC Clean Snapshot” in ProperTree will add this ssdt to the OpenCore config.plist

4) In OpenCore config.plist, delete the original DMAR table by adding this to the Delete section of ACPI:

<key>Delete</key> <array> <dict> <key>All</key> <false/> <key>Comment</key> <string>Delete standard DMAR table</string> <key>Enabled</key> <true/> <key>OemTableId</key> <data></data> <key>TableLength</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>TableSignature</key> <data>RE1BUg==</data> </dict> </array>

5) The AQC113C has a vendor ID 1d6a and a device ID 14c0; this device ID is not supported by the MacOS native Aquantia driver, so it has to be added to the DeviceProperties in config.plist using one of the compatible device IDs from /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion.kext/Contents/Info.plist

The hard part was getting the correct PCI path and slot-name to the PCI card in the hardware for the device property. The experts in this forum can probably explain how to do this directly from the ioRegistryExplorer, but the lazy solution I found was to use the “Patch” function of the “HackinTool” utility.

In the “Patch” tab select the options show below and click on “Generate Patch”. In the text result, copy the portion concerning the Aquantia card, which looks like this:

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>AAPL,slot-name</key> <string>Internal@0,1,0/0,0</string> <key>device_type</key> <string>Ethernet controller</string> <key>model</key> <string>AQC113CS NBase-T/IEEE 802.3bz Ethernet Controller [AQtion]</string> </dict>

Take the PciRoot path and slot name from the patch generated by HackinTool and paste them into the required entry like this:

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>AAPL,slot-name</key> <string>Internal@0,1,0/0,0</string> <key>compatible</key> <data>cGNpMWQ2YSw5NGMwAAAA</data> <key>device-id</key> <data>wJQAAA==</data> <key>device_type</key> <string>Ethernet controller</string> <key>model</key> <string>Aquantia AQC113</string> </dict>

The relevant portions of the final config.plist should look like this:

result.png

Do I still need the SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C.aml with this fix . I’m trying to get my AQC113 working .

If you create the correct SSDT-DMAR.aml and put the right PciRoot path and slot name in the add device property section of config.plist section then it should not need SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C.aml, at least on my installation it doesn't.

Just wanted to add that — using Monterey and Ventura — this 10Gige PCIe add-in card works natively (already has Apple-defined vendor and device ID in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion.kext/Contents/Info.plist), so all you have to do is enable the Force Aquantia quirk.

Cheers,
J

Just wanted to add that — using Monterey and Ventura — this 10Gige PCIe add-in card works natively (already has Apple-defined vendor and device ID in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion.kext/Contents/Info.plist), so all you have to do is enable the Force Aquantia quirk.

Cheers,
J
Seeing the specs ...the card is physically a PCIE 2x, right ?

Thanks @joncas for this great tuto.
I successfully installed my Gigabtye Vision 10G Lan Card.

Still not able to test 10G yet, QNAP switch and other goods arriving tomorrow.

Thanks @joncas for this great tuto.
I successfully installed my Gigabtye Vision 10G Lan Card.

Still not able to test 10G yet, QNAP switch and other goods arriving tomorrow.

Did it work? And what's the exact model of the card? I'm thinking of getting a 10G ethernet card for my Z390 Designare as well.

Did it work? And what's the exact model of the card? I'm thinking of getting a 10G ethernet card for my Z390 Designare as well.
Yes it works very well.
The exact model is in my previous post (Gigabyte 10G Vision).

Back