UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My build
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU : Intel I3 8100
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 8gb
Power supply : Egva 500 BQ

I'm trying to build my first hackintosh (Vanilla install).
When i boot on usb drive i get stuck at this point
View media item 191307I've tried several usb ports, and i checked the bios setup .

Could you guys please help ? I have no idea were i messed up.

Use the forum Search tool to look for "Still waiting for root device".

Thanks, i finally managed to install everything. Now i have and issue, i need the pc to boot automatically on system drive. When i restart i have that "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" message. And i have to restart, press F12, and choose system drive.
I guess the solution is obvious for you, but i'm a beginner, thank you for understanding.

Thanks, i finally managed to install everything. Now i have and issue, i need the pc to boot automatically on system drive. When i restart i have that "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" message. And i have to restart, press F12, and choose system drive.
I guess the solution is obvious for you, but i'm a beginner, thank you for understanding.
  • Is your System just a Hackintosh Only or Multi-boot with Windows/Linux etc from other Disks?
  • I am assuming you have only Hackintosh.
  • Make sure to enter BIOS _ Boot Option Priority List and make your Mojave System HDD or SSD as Boot Option #1
  • Right click and DISABLE all other numbered options in that List. [See edited image for visual help]
  • F-10 to Save the edited BIOS options and Reboot
  • See if you can get your Mojave Disk in Clover Boot Manager(CBM) screen to boot.
  • If you have Other OSes from separate Disks, Clover will make them also available at CBM screen to choose from to boot to their respective Login Screens.

Attachments

• 1.BIOS Boot Options.png
    1.BIOS Boot Options.png
    437.1 KB · Views: 178
Works like a charm now. Thank you guys for allowing me to save 1000€ lol.

Do you have a wifi dongle to recommend with my setup ? I browsed some threads about wifi but i don't even know how to choose it. Can i choose any successfully tested card or does it have to be compatible with my build and with Mojave ?

Works like a charm now. Thank you guys for allowing me to save 1000€ lol.

Do you have a wifi dongle to recommend with my setup ? I browsed some threads about wifi but i don't even know how to choose it. Can i choose any successfully tested card or does it have to be compatible with my build and with Mojave ?
  • Glad you succeeded to solve your Booting problem in the newly created Hackintosh Mojave with BIOS editing.:clap:
  • Although the ideal solution for you , bearing in mind future upgrades to Mac Mojave and beyond 10.14.xx, would be to select an expensive PCIE Wifi card with BroadCom Chip (I base this on the expert opinion of RehabMan who has done so much research on many areas of Hackintosh), in my case I have been using a cheaper Atheros based WiFi from TPLink as you can see from a List of Hardware I have installed it and using currently
    https://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/1-hardware-specs-of-multiple-systems-png.366097/
    In all of my Hackintosh Mojave 14.2 Builds in Multi-boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16-18.x. I use
    TPlink WDN 4800 WiFi in PCIE
    https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/my-successful-mojave-installations.265308/

You will have to use an extra step of installing the needed kext (AirPortAtheros40.kext) in /System/Library/Extensions folder of the Mojave using a tool like Kext Utility|Kext Wizard| or KextBeast in post -install stage and reboot for Wifi to be enabled.

Thanks.
Awaiting my TPlink WDN 4800 i'm trying to connect via ethernet without success. Bios settings look ok to me. And ethernet connection is working fine on my MacBook Pro.

Any idea ?

IMG_2400.JPG IMG_4321.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2400.JPG
    IMG_2400.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
Ok i installed IntelMausiEthernet v2.4.0 with Multibeast and it works.

My build
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU : Intel I3 8100
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 8gb
Power supply : Egva 500 BQ

I'm trying to build my first hackintosh (Vanilla install).
When i boot on usb drive i get stuck at this point
View media item 191307I've tried several usb ports, and i checked the bios setup .

How did you get this to work? I am working on my first build as well and am stuck in the same place (the white circle install error) with a gigabyte board as well.

Last edited:
How did you get this to work? I am working on my first build as well and am stuck in the same place (the white circle install error) with a gigabyte board as well.

Hi, there is a list of settings in the BIOS that you must enable or disable.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...upported-intel-based-pc.259381/#uefi_settings

The problem is that some of this settings were very hard to find for me, or don't exist on my motherboard, while i spend hours looking for them.

Hope it helped you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back