RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I am fiddling with various configurations since days now. I basically got everything running well for FCP export to H.264 and H.265 without an error message and Intel quick sync on. God was this a mess. But I encountered some strange things:

- Intel UHD 630 maxes out at approx. 500 MHz instead of 1.2 GHz
- CPU even on idle is somehow at 4.2 GHz without big fan noise though (had this down somehow at 800 MHz, when idle, but don't know, if that was with the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext)
- CPU power consumption is always around 4 Watts, even at maximum load (Intel Power Gadget and HWMonitor)
- using whatevergreen.kext (which I deleted now b/c of native RX580 support in 10.13.4), is giving me black screens after wake
- once I had a random reboot while rendering a video
- YouTube videos working in chromium and safari but Netflix not (weird)

My questions:
- How can I get the UHD at full speed?
- What about native Desktop support?
- Which ig-platform-id shall I use?
- Which IntelGFX do you use?

I have my EFI folder attached, but here a list of the kexts I use right now:
AppleALC.kext
AntherosE2200Ethernet.kext
CodeCommander.kext
FakeSMC_APCISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
Shiki.kext
SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
USBInjectAll.kext (yes, I have a custom DSDT)
XHCI-300-series-injector.kext

My Machine: i7 8700k, RX 580

Can anybody give me a hint, what is missing? Really appreciated, as I don't know what else to do. I chewed through the whole forum, google and other hackintosh sites, but always there were some information missing.

Thanks!

And the EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 209
Resolved this?

Yes. It's resolved. I activated Multi-Monitor for igfx in the BIOS. Also added another ID for the Intel GPU. In the end, speed and usage of the igfx varies depending of the encoding setting. Some use roughly a third, some 50-70% in FCPX. Other apps utilize it way more. Maybe it's some issue that relates to avoiding thermal throttling on iMac's and therefore not using 100% igfx.

Could you share your config file ?

Sorry for the delay. Had to get back to my Mac, change SMBIOS ID's and here it is.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.2 KB · Views: 453
Sorry for the delay. Had to get back to my Mac, change SMBIOS ID's and here it is.

This will be my one millionth post about this but Im on the hunt.

We have the same setup except I have a z370a Prime. If I enable IGPU in bios my computer just keeps restarting or I'll get the failed boot.

I've tried using WhatEverGreen and Lilu and removing the intel inject kext and still cant figure it out. I read something in your post about a separate ID for the UHD630 as well.

It seems like you've enabled them both to work. Can you walk me through how to do this?

This will be my one millionth post about this but Im on the hunt.

We have the same setup except I have a z370a Prime. If I enable IGPU in bios my computer just keeps restarting or I'll get the failed boot.

I've tried using WhatEverGreen and Lilu and removing the intel inject kext and still cant figure it out. I read something in your post about a separate ID for the UHD630 as well.

It seems like you've enabled them both to work. Can you walk me through how to do this?

It's quite easy. Just take a look at my attached config.plist in post #6. I also don't use Whatevergreen or other kexts, as my RX580 works oob.

It's quite easy. Just take a look at my attached config.plist in post #6. I also don't use Whatevergreen or other kexts, as my RX580 works oob.

I dug through bios settings and managed to get it going! I suspect the culprit was enabling VTD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back