Contribute
Register

[Solved] Ethernet not working on SIERRA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE ga87 hd3
CPU
Intel 4770k
Graphics
gygabyte GV-N670WF2-2GDPowered by NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 GPU
Hi!
I installed Sierra and all drivers for motherboard, but ethernet is not working. I tried to install all different drivers from multibeast.
Also usb 3 ports are not working only usb 2.0.
I installed Nvidia fix in multibeast and it looks ok, but i am not sure how to check if its ok.
I am guessing audio is ok but not checked it yet.

My system is:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 rev.1.x
Graphics: Nvidia GV-N670WF2-2GD | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE

Tnx

Don't mean to hijack the thread or anything but I'm having the same problem!

Just installed Sierra, and ethernet isn't working. I have a similar motherboard GA-Z97X-Gaming GT.

The lights on the ethernet light up, but the "ethernet" in the network preferences shows red and "failed".

I also tried installing all the ethernet drivers in multi-beast with no success.

No one knows. Hmm... i guess i will then try to install El Capitan.

Let me know if El Capitan works for you. :)

Did you resolve your problems? Which Kexts did you install from Multibeast? Did you try removing all previous attempts before installing another kext?

I installed all three from multibeast.
But i did not remove previous before installing new. How i do that?

Tnx

Go to Finder, Then click on Find to Folder, then type this in:
/Library/Extensions

Press go and it will take you to a folder where all those kext should be. Delete the ones that you installed for Ethernet then Restart. After that try again with Multibeast and install the appropriate kext which looks likes that MB uses Realtek so try the latest one, which looks like RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1 if that doesn't work then remove and try the next one. Hopefully this helps.

Last thing, it is helpful if you fill out your profile and put what hardware your using.

Hi!
I installed Sierra and all drivers for motherboard, but ethernet is not working. I tried to install all different drivers from multibeast.
Also usb 3 ports are not working only usb 2.0.
I installed Nvidia fix in multibeast and it looks ok, but i am not sure how to check if its ok.
I am guessing audio is ok but not checked it yet.

My system is:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 rev.1.x
Graphics: Nvidia GV-N670WF2-2GD | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE

Tnx
The automatic thinking is: I have to install Realtek 811 drivers but none work......simple as here you need to load the Mausi drivers from intel and voila it works.I forgot to mention the Mausi drivers are included on the Multibeast under network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back