Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151
Graphics
MSA RADEON RX580 gaming X
The power was out at my house for several hours today and after it returned I am having some errors.

One, when powering on, there is a weird glitchy electronic sound that lasts less than a second coming from my speakers.

Two, The screen is totally black and I can't seem to fix it or find a work around. I have tried rebooting selecting the option to disable nvidia but the screen comes back black again. I've tried launching in safe mode, I can get to the login screen but it goes black after entering my password and logging in. I've also tried the internal GFX card but again, the screen is black.

I also tried sharing the screen over my home network to my laptop, in all the various different launch settings but again, just a black screen. I can hear the volume keys so I know it is on.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Update: I was able to get into the computer using the Guest User account after booting in Safe Mode but was unable to make any changes.

Last edited:
SOLVED:
I was able login to the guest account via safe mode and create another user account with admin privileges.
I then logged into the admin account, applied AGDPFix and then rebooted into my main account.

I'm not sure what the problem really was, but for now, it is working.

Thanks for that post. I just had the same thing happened to me last night and I've been trying to find a way to fix it myself.

Thanks for that post. I just had the same thing happened to me last night and I've been trying to find a way to fix it myself.
no problem, I hope you you were able to get it up and running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back