Contribute
Register

[Solved] Error Loading Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a fun ride... now there are just a few loose ends to finish up. Thanks so much for your help cmn699.

I still plan to do a write up... BUT I may try doing a vanilla install using a spare SSD just to see how that goes

• Glad , finally you made it.:)
  • The lesson from your experience for anyone reading this post from my point view is as follows.
  • Creating a Hackintosh is trying to make the non-Mac hardware behave like a Mac and for that reason alone it's a daunting task.
  • If you have any major faulty hardware on top of the difficult task of making even normal hardware work for Hackintosh, one will get into a perpetual troubleshoot with no end in sight unless that hardware is changed.
  • If you do everything right and get no where, think of an underlying hardware or BIOS issue before blaming yourself or the Hackintosh Tools used!

Well it turns out that my motherboard might not have been faulty after all... disabling CSM for some reason makes all GPUs not display... I tried a rx470 and a hd6770

• I am confused why you have chosen CSM ENABLED while booting in UEFI Mode? In most current boards like yours Compatibility Support Module (CSM) must be DISABLED.

Last edited:
Well it turns out that my motherboard might not have been faulty after all... disabling CSM for some reason makes all GPUs not display... I tried a rx470 and a hd6770

• At the time I raised the point in thread #15 , you were using the Integrated Intel HD 630 and not any PCIE Graphics.
  • I have read somewhere, that some AMD Radeon PCIE Graphics (I have not owned any of them) made by Sapphire and some other manufacturers , the card is released with Legacy BIOS Enabled and NOT UEFI. Under those conditions, if you install the Graphics and DISABLE CSM in the BIOS, the card will not Display in a UEFI OS!
  • But, some of these cards from Sapphire has a button labeled "S" ( about which the manufacturers Manual may be totally silent) that you can find if properly examined. If you press that S button, the card will be 'switched' to UEFI Mode in which case you have to Turn off CSM in the BIOS.
  • Please take pictures of your PCIE Radeon Cards ( multiple views ) and upload since I don't have the cards to verify.

Well here is an update.

I was able to boot into Mojave using the backup from the original Clover you helped me with... however when I tried to running multibeast it froze in the middle of the build phase... I rebooted from the usb and tried to load Mojave (ssd) but as soon as it tried to load I got a big 0 with a diagonal line through it

I figured since I had a back up of that install that I would try doing a fresh install on this SSD. And in this case I figured I would use the HD 6770. Mostly I followed your instructions on clover, with the exception of enabling legacy, and using the ATI drivers, instead of the Intel 630. It was actually a very Smooth install, at least initially

However within a couple minutes of actually logging into macOS Mojave, I was able to open up “about this Mac “. Then I started to do the initial set up with tries to identify your keyboard by having you press certain keys. At that point the machine becomes unresponsive. The lighted USB keyboard remains lead and the red light on the bottom of the mouse remains lit. I’m not sure if USP has become unresponsive, or if the machine itself is locked. Furthermore I’m not quite sure how to confirm either way

At this point I’m thinking it may just be easier to install the original image that you initially helped me with and not run the GPU at all. I don’t know this is becoming a major time suck. But it is a lot of fun

As for the GPUs. The HD 6770 apparently is not UEFI...But I read something about Apple using them at one point? As for the RX 470, it is a single head, mining edition card. But it does say UEFI

• At the time I raised the point in thread #15 , you were using the Integrated Intel HD 630 and not any PCIE Graphics.
  • I have read somewhere, that some AMD Radeon PCIE Graphics (I have not owned any of them) made by Sapphire and some other manufacturers , the card is released with Legacy BIOS Enabled and NOT UEFI. Under those conditions, if you install the Graphics and DISABLE CSM in the BIOS, the card will not Display in a UEFI OS!
  • But, some of these cards from Sapphire has a button labeled "S" ( about which the manufacturers Manual may be totally silent) that you can find if properly examined. If you press that S button, the card will be 'switched' to UEFI Mode in which case you have to Turn off CSM in the BIOS.
  • Please take pictures of your PCIE Radeon Cards ( multiple views ) and upload since I don't have the cards to verify.

Last edited:
Well here is an update.

I was able to boot into Mojave using the backup from the original Clover you helped me with... however when I tried to running multibeast it froze in the middle of the build phase... I rebooted from the usb and tried to load Mojave (ssd) but as soon as it tried to load I got a big 0 with a diagonal line through it

I figured since I had a back up of that install that I would try doing a fresh install on this SSD. And in this case I figured I would use the HD 6770. Mostly I followed your instructions on clover, with the exception of enabling legacy, and using the ATI drivers, instead of the Intel 630. It was actually a very Smooth install, at least initially

However within a couple minutes of actually logging into macOS Mojave, I was able to open up “about this Mac “. Then I started to do the initial set up with tries to identify your keyboard by having you press certain keys. At that point the machine becomes unresponsive. The lighted USB keyboard remains lead and the red light on the bottom of the mouse remains lit. I’m not sure if USP has become unresponsive, or if the machine itself is locked. Furthermore I’m not quite sure how to confirm either way

At this point I’m thinking it may just be easier to install the original image that you initially helped me with and not run the GPU at all. I don’t know this is becoming a major time suck. But it is a lot of fun

As for the GPUs. The HD 6770 apparently is not UEFI...But I read something about Apple using them at one point? As for the RX 470, it is a single head, mining addition card. But it does say UEF but I read something about Apple using them at one point? As for the RX 470, it is a single head, mining addition card. But it does say UEFI on one of the stickers. I think I’ll have to test that card in a different machine. It’s possible the card itself may be malfunctioning

• Thank you for the update.

• I suspect the above freeze and consequent reboot in the middle of installation could have corrupted System files in that Mojave SSD leading to the "Prohibited Entry Sign" aka "Still waiting for root device" error when you tried to boot it through the USB Installer disk.
I would try doing a fresh install on this SSD. And in this case I figured I would use the HD 6770. Mostly I followed your instructions on clover, with the exception of enabling legacy, and using the ATI drivers, instead of the Intel 630. It was actually a very Smooth install, at least initially
  • Any particular reason to install current SSD in Legacy Mode instead of UEFI using AMD (ATI) Radeon HD 6770 in this Intel 300 Series Motherboard for macOS Mojave that can run in UEFI Mode?
  • Or are you implying you actually used a UEFI Mojave USB Installer disk but ENABLED CSM in the BIOS to use the AMD Radeon HD 6770 PCIE Graphics to avoid a Black screen?
  • I believe Legacy boot is in its waning phase as all major OSes have already switched to UEFI Mode. If the current trend continues, Legacy BIOS may become a thing of the past.

• I assume from your description of the event, the Keyboard and mouse were wired ones connected to USB ports and not Wireless keyboard and mouse.

• I assume you might have tried to unplug and replug the input devices to the same USB ports and when that failed, switched them to different USB ports but that too failed to 'revive' them and you were forced to use the ON/Off switch to kill the machine. Is that what happened?

• I have the following suggestion for creating(or modifying existing) macOS Mojave 10.14.X UEFI USB installer Flash disk.
    • Since the price of 16GB Flash disks have become inexpensive , we can actually afford to customize the USB installer for each Machine (MoBo+CPU+Graphics+Audio+Ethernet+Wifi) rather than creating a 'generic USB Installer' without all the required Graphics , LAN, Audio configurations incorporated in it.
    • For example, if we have a machine using Intel HD 630 Graphics, instead of making the config.plist_Devices _ Fake ID _IntelGFX 12345678 and config.plist with just [√] InjectIntel , we can actually change these two SECTIONS of config.plist with 59128086 and [√]InjecteIntel Ig-platform-id [59120000].
    • If we create a perfectly good customized USB Installer, it can boot and install flawlessly.
    • All that we have to do after installation on the target Hard disk to make the System Disk boot normally, is to copy and paste the EFI Folder from the USB Installer's EFI Partition to replace the EFI Folder of the System Disk's EFI Partition.
    • The Post -install Video, audio , Ethernet and WiFi troubleshoot won't go on for hours and days with this approach.
    • I also make use of the free space within the Flash Disks' System partition ( where the macOS Mojave sits) to carry any other Apps, kexts or Tools I may need in the target System Disk. The installer disk becomes an all in one tool!
      • I simply copy them all to the Documents folder of System Disk for later installation in that and share with my networked machines.

I put my answers in orange

• I suspect the above freeze and consequent reboot in the middle of installation could have corrupted System files in that Mojave SSD leading to the "Prohibited Entry Sign" aka "Still waiting for root device" error when you tried to boot it through the USB Installer disk.

• Any particular reason to install current SSD in Legacy Mode instead of UEFI using AMD (ATI) Radeon HD 6770 in this Intel 300 Series Motherboard for macOS Mojave that can run in UEFI Mode?
  • Or are you implying you actually used a UEFI Mojave USB Installer disk but ENABLED CSM in the BIOS to use the AMD Radeon HD 6770 PCIE Graphics to avoid a Black screen?

A: That was the main reason... But honestly it doesn't really seem to make a difference

• I believe Legacy boot is in its waning phase as all major OSes have already switched to UEFI Mode. If the current trend continues, Legacy BIOS may become a thing of the past.

• I assume from your description of the event, the Keyboard and mouse were wired ones connected to USB ports and not Wireless keyboard and mouse.

• I assume you might have tried to unplug and replug the input devices to the same USB ports and when that failed, switched them to different USB ports but that too failed to 'revive' them and you were forced to use the ON/Off switch to kill the machine. Is that what happened?
A: I did not... but I will try that

• I have the following suggestion for creating(or modifying existing) macOS Mojave 10.14.X UEFI USB installer Flash disk.
    • Since the price of 16GB Flash disks have become inexpensive , we can actually afford to customize the USB installer for each Machine (MoBo+CPU+Graphics+Audio+Ethernet+Wifi) rather than creating a 'generic USB Installer' without all the required Graphics , LAN, Audio configurations incorporated in it.
    • For example, if we have a machine using Intel HD 630 Graphics, instead of making the config.plist_Devices _ Fake ID _IntelGFX 12345678 and config.plist with just [√] InjectIntel , we can actually change these two SECTIONS of config.plist with 59128086 and [√]InjecteIntel Ig-platform-id [59120000].
    • If we create a perfectly good customized USB Installer, it can boot and install flawlessly.
    • All that we have to do after installation on the target Hard disk to make the System Disk boot normally, is to copy and paste the EFI Folder from the USB Installer's EFI Partition to replace the EFI Folder of the System Disk's EFI Partition.
A: I feel so stupid, that is such a simple solution... why didn't I think of that?
  • The Post -install Video, audio , Ethernet and WiFi troubleshoot won't go on for hours and days with this approach.
  • I also make use of the free space within the Flash Disks' System partition ( where the macOS Mojave sits) to carry any other Apps, kexts or Tools I may need in the target System Disk. The installer disk becomes an all in one tool!
    • I simply copy them all to the Documents folder of System Disk for later installation in that and share with my networked machines.

Ok so I actually nixed the GPU idea... at least for now. If I run your clover setting, transferred to the SSD EFI partition I can boot and it seems stable. No sound, YET. But I am typing this as we speak on the Hack...

ok... sound is active! We are seeing some small issues still. Some animations look jerky, such as throwing something in the trash.

Also when using Safari, the tabs below the address bar are black... they become grey as you run your cursor over them.

image1.jpeg

iam followed the installation steps ,
when i plug my bootable usb &trying to install, the monitor shows Error loading operating system
pleas help

Attachments

• DF55361D-63D4-4C81-9733-56D55862C369.jpg
    DF55361D-63D4-4C81-9733-56D55862C369.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back