Contribute
Register

[Solved] Error Loading Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly will. That being said upgrades are already in the works I’m going to most likely be putting in an RX 470, swapping out the 240gb ssd for a 480gb ssd and doing windows 10 Professional dual boot...

• My approach would be to Clone the current System disk (made after a lot of twists and turns) to an inexpensive SATA Platter Disk of equal or larger size BEFORE doing any further Hardware modifications: a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!
    • Linux Clonezilla alternative stable - 20180812-bionic can clone ALL System Disks (Windows/Mac/Linux) from SSD to Platter or in reverse, provided the recipient disk is of equal or larger size.

I finally got to play around with clonezilla... slight issue, while it does in fact clone my 240gb SSD over to my new 480GB SSD, at the end of the process the OS only sees 240GB

• My approach would be to Clone the current System disk (made after a lot of twists and turns) to an inexpensive SATA Platter Disk of equal or larger size BEFORE doing any further Hardware modifications: a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!
    • Linux Clonezilla alternative stable - 20180812-bionic can clone ALL System Disks (Windows/Mac/Linux) from SSD to Platter or in reverse, provided the recipient disk is of equal or larger size.
u

I finally got to play around with clonezilla... slight issue, while it does in fact clone my 240gb SSD over to my new 480GB SSD, at the end of the process the OS only sees 240GB

u
  • Please read Clonezilla Advanced Parameters for a solution for your situation where you decided to use a larger SSD rather than an inexpensive Platter Disk to create the Clone of existing OS created with a lot of difficulties.
  • You can find the relevant steps: "If the target disk size is larger than the size of source disk of image, you can try to use option "-k1" which will create the partition table proportionally in the target disk and turn on option "-r" to resize the file file system in the partition automatically. This is useful to make use all of the target disk size" [ See image]
  • Check here: https://clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live/doc/02_Restore_disk_image/advanced/09-advanced-param.php

Attachments

• Clonezilla -k1 option.png
    Clonezilla -k1 option.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 37
Yes sir I tried that, no luck

• Please read Clonezilla Advanced Parameters for a solution for your situation where you decided to use a larger SSD rather than an inexpensive Platter Disk to create the Clone of existing OS created with a lot of difficulties.
  • You can find the relevant steps: "If the target disk size is larger than the size of source disk of image, you can try to use option "-k1" which will create the partition table proportionally in the target disk and turn on option "-r" to resize the file file system in the partition automatically. This is useful to make use all of the target disk size" [ See image]
  • Check here: https://clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live/doc/02_Restore_disk_image/advanced/09-advanced-param.php

OK I was able to resize the partition in Mojave itself... so that problem is solved...

Now I am a little unclear on multibeast... So the machine works fine when i boot clover through my unibeast install USB drive (just no audio)

But when i try to run multibeast everything goes sides ways

How do I simply boot using the same kexts that is on the USB stick? Then just sort out the audio issue?

OK I was able to resize the partition in Mojave itself... so that problem is solved...

Now I am a little unclear on multibeast... So the machine works fine when i boot clover through my unibeast install USB drive (just no audio)

How do I simply boot using the same kexts that is on the USB stick? Then just sort out the audio issue?

• Not quite sure from that statement what really went wrong when Muktibeast was run on System disk.
  • Are you able to boot and reach the login screen and desktop but you are having some other issues after reaching the Desktop or you are unable to boot the System disk after Multibeast was run and you still need to use your USB Installer as a constant companion for you to get your System Disk to login Screen?

• In either case, once you reach the Desktop, mount your USB Installer Flash disk's EFI Partition on the Desktop [See this post for detailed steps if you need them:#4]
  • Click open EFI>EFI>CLOVER>kexts>Other and copy that "Other" and paste it on Desktop.
  • Download Kext Utility, Kext Wizard or KextBeast and launch the tool you like most among the 3.
  • Drag the kexts from the inside of "Other" folder on to that Kext installation Tool for it to install the kexts to S/L/E
  • Next, step depends up on whether your System Disk was independently bootable or unbootable and required the USB Installer.
  • If it was unbootable after Multibeast install, try the following:
  • Mount the EFI of the System SSD on the desktop just like you did with the USB Installer
  • Navigate to EFI Folder and Delete it (Right click>Send to trash)
  • Next copy the EFI Folder from the mounted EFI Partition of Mojave USB Installer Flash disk
  • Paste it on the Mounted EFI Partition of the System SSD from where you just trashed the EFI Folder.
    • All that you have done in the above step is just replacing the 'Defective EFI Folder of Mojave System Disk' with a 'Good EFI Folder of Mojave USB Installer' to make it bootable without the need for the USB Installer disk.

Sorry I can boot... but I lose network connectivity(on board wired nic)

Also the video is jumpy... opened windows seem to highlight and Unhighlight like a strobe light

Also looks like I got a faulty motherboard... the pcie 16x (1) doesn’t work.... the 2nd slot does... I’m exchanging today

Any suggestions?

Sorry I can boot... but I lose network connectivity(on board wired nic)

Also the video is jumpy... opened windows seem to highlight and Unhighlight like a strobe light

Also looks like I got a faulty motherboard... the pcie 16x (1) doesn’t work.... the 2nd slot does... I’m exchanging today

Any suggestions?
Sorry to know you suspect a serious hardware issue with the moBo. Since you had to choose the MoBo to match the CPU you have, find one that you can use with that CPU unless you are returning the CPU too.

Since I don't own any system with an Intel 300 Series board, I cannot recommend any with confidence.
In general, Gigabyte Boards are easier to to use for Hackintoshing than other brands.

New motherboard worked really well. It had version five of the bios, not the most recent version 11. It instantly recognized at the graphics card. I decided to just throw in an old HD 6770. And it booted right in to macOS Mojave. While it is not Exceller rated yet as I have not updated anything. That must have been the smoothest boot I have ever had.
It instantly recognized the graphics card. I decided to just throw in an old HD 6770. And it booted right in to macOS Mojave. While it is not Exceller rated yet as I have not updated anything. That must have been the smoothest boot I have ever had.

I have been enjoying this challenge of getting the Mack OS installed. However I was getting very discouraged. So I think with a faulty motherboard, it is actually quite an achievement that I was able to get the OS to boot at all

New motherboard worked really well. It had version five of the bios, not the most recent version 11. It instantly recognized at the graphics card. I decided to just throw in an old HD 6770. And it booted right in to macOS Mojave. While it is not Exceller rated yet as I have not updated anything. That must have been the smoothest boot I have ever had.
It instantly recognized the graphics card. I decided to just throw in an old HD 6770. And it booted right in to macOS Mojave. While it is not Exceller rated yet as I have not updated anything. That must have been the smoothest boot I have ever had.

I have been enjoying this challenge of getting the Mack OS installed. However I was getting very discouraged. So I think with a faulty motherboard, it is actually quite an achievement that I was able to get the OS to boot at all

• Glad , finally you made it.:)
  • The lesson from your experience for anyone reading this post from my point view is as follows.
  • Creating a Hackintosh is trying to make the non-Mac hardware behave like a Mac and for that reason alone it's a daunting task.
  • If you have any major faulty hardware on top of the difficult task of making even normal hardware work for Hackintosh, one will get into a perpetual troubleshoot with no end in sight unless that hardware is changed.
  • If you do everything right and get no where, think of an underlying hardware or BIOS issue before blaming yourself or the Hackintosh Tools used!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back