Contribute
Register

[solved] El Capitan Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Capitan Problems

You need to run 'make cleanallex' to remove the bogus files previously placed in native_patchmatic.

It is covered in the guide.

sweet everything is working except the audio, any clues ?

El Capitan Problems

sweet everything is working except the audio, any clues ?

Did you complete the procedure in "Known Problems" regarding audio?

El Capitan Problems

Did you complete the procedure in "Known Problems" regarding audio?

whoops skipped that seems like I'll look into the post about the subwoofer since the speakers aren't very loud. I would like to thank you for helping me and bearing with me through my dumb questions, Thank you. One final question, would you recommend updating to the newest beta or would that cause more problems ?

El Capitan Problems

whoops skipped that seems like I'll look into the post about the subwoofer since the speakers aren't very loud. I would like to thank you for helping me and bearing with me through my dumb questions, Thank you. One final question, would you recommend updating to the newest beta or would that cause more problems ?

It should work with the latest beta. Simple update from the Mac App Store.

Let me know what you find out with your audio experiments.

El Capitan Problems

It should work with the latest beta. Simple update from the Mac App Store.

Let me know what you find out with your audio experiments.

Hey there, sorry to bother you again but I just installed the full version of el capitan and i'm trying to get it working like the beta did which you helped me with in this thread. However after following your guide and the same steps I seem to have run into the same problem I was having last time except this time the fix I used last time(Adding the HPRAID kext) isn't working and i'm getting stuck on the same error.

I attached a copy of my EFi folder so you can inspect it and a picture of where it hangs, after hanging for about 30 seconds it gives me a prohibited sign (circle with a diagonal line).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22 MB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    918.9 KB · Views: 109
El Capitan Problems

Hey there, sorry to bother you again but I just installed the full version of el capitan and i'm trying to get it working like the beta did which you helped me with in this thread. However after following your guide and the same steps I seem to have run into the same problem I was having last time except this time the fix I used last time(Adding the HPRAID kext) isn't working and i'm getting stuck on the same error.

I attached a copy of my EFi folder so you can inspect it and a picture of where it hangs, after hanging for about 30 seconds it gives me a prohibited sign (circle with a diagonal line).

What, exactly, are you doing?

El Capitan Problems

What, exactly, are you doing?

I installed el capitan just fine and followed your post install guide, after applying all the patches etc.. i rebooted and cannot boot back in

El Capitan Problems

I installed el capitan just fine and followed your post install guide, after applying all the patches etc.. i rebooted and cannot boot back in

Post install not done. There are no patched ACPI files in ACPI/patched (EFI/Clover in post #35), config.plist is not the final config.plist, etc.

Keep in mind that if you need HPRAIDInjector.kext, you need to install it manually. It is easier/better if you set your SATA controller to AHCI mode.

El Capitan Problems

My apologies I thought I had it installed. So I went into the projects folder and manually got the projects/patched files and put them in my EFI/ACPI/patched folder and then got the config.plist from Projects folder and moved it to the EFI but it's still hanging at the same spot?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.1 MB · Views: 73
El Capitan Problems

My apologies I thought I had it installed. So I went into the projects folder and manually got the projects/patched files and put them in my EFI/ACPI/patched folder and then got the config.plist from Projects folder and moved it to the EFI but it's still hanging at the same spot?

Follow the guide. The files in patched are not for ACPI/patched. You need to use 'make' and 'make install'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back