Contribute
Register

[solved] El Capitan. Can't get to the installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B85M-D3H
CPU
Intel i7 4790k
Mother Board: Gigabyte B85M-D3H
CPU: Intel i7 4790k
No GPU

Followed the instructions and inserted a bootable drive for el capitan in usb2. The Apple logo comes, the bar fills up but nothing happens! It's stuck there. Doesn't go to the installer page.
tried boot in safe mode but stuck there too.

Doing this first time. Please help.
Thank You :)

IMG_20160404_170024.jpg
This is where it stops in verbose mode. Followed everything (except the cfs-lock, couldn't find it in bios).
Also, I Chose Intel HD4400 graphic card in unibeast.

View attachment 183999
This is where it stops in verbose mode. Followed everything (except the cfs-lock, couldn't find it in bios).
Also, I Chose Intel HD4400 graphic card in unibeast.

i7-4790K has HD Graphics 4600 not 4400.

Looks like you may have a Serial port enabled too.
If so, disable it in the BIOS settings.

Thanks P1LGRIM! I've disabled the serial port. But nothing changed.
Though how do I choose the correct graphics when unibeast gives me just 3 options (i.e. Intel HD 3000, injet ATI,inject NVIDIA)?
Is it possible to continue without choosing? What extra has to be done then? please help me or give me link regarding this(hackintosh without gpu).

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssseeeeeeeeeee

Thanks P1LGRIM! I've disabled the serial port. But nothing changed.
Though how do I choose the correct graphics when unibeast gives me just 3 options (i.e. Intel HD 3000, injet ATI,inject NVIDIA)?
Is it possible to continue without choosing? What extra has to be done then? please help me or give me link regarding this(hackintosh without gpu).

You dont need to pick any graphics options when you create the unibeast. Create it without setting any of those. When you boot the unibeast installer, you can set the correct intel graphics injection there.

As P1LGRIM said, keep your serial port disabled, and from the look of things you have one or more NTFS formatted drives or partitions. Try and disconnect those too if possible.

Best way to approach installation is to remove any unneccessary hardware, then perform the install, then add your hardware back one at a time. That way it will be easier for the install process, and you will soon find out if a particular piece of hardware is going to cause you issues under OSX.

When you boot the unibeast installer, you can set the correct intel graphics injection there.

Thank you sir. I'l remove the other hard disk.
How do I set any graphics injection during boot?
thanks

Thank you sir. I'l remove the other hard disk.
How do I set any graphics injection during boot?
thanks

A quick search reveals this, and also this.

Remember you have to do your research, and make use of the forum search feature.

The answers are usually out there.

:thumbup:

yea thanks. Sorry for bothering so much. Believe me I tried to get solution from forum:rolleyes:. Had gone to the page "Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems". Read 4th point and posted here.
Didn't even know what boot flag is :p.. searched about it this time and started allover again. This is what I did:

made a bootable usb as instructed with unibeast 6.1.1. Didn't choose any graphic inject this time.
copied (1) El Capitan Post install tools, (2) Multibeast - El capitan 8.1.0, (3) clover configurator to the USB stick.

Removed Hard Disk (1 SSD still attached)

In boot mode:
(1) f7: Optimized defaults
(2) peripherals > initial display output - IGFX
(3) peripherals\ SATA configuration > SATA mode selection - AHCI
(4) M.I.T.\Advanced frequency settings > Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) - Profile1
(5)BIOS features > VT-d - Disabled
(6) peripherals\Super IO Configuration > Serial Port A - Disabled
(7) confirmed secure boot mode disabled

selected the usb as boot device

In Graphic inject under options in clover menu, HD4600 was already written

I get this in verbose mode just before getting blank/black screen:
IMG_20160410_072513.jpg

Please guide:shifty:

Your getting closer. You still appear to have an NTFS drive in there, best to disconnect it, as stated before.

In those same graphics options from the Clover screen, there is another option further down for inject intel. Make sure that is selected as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back