i5 4460
Graphics
gtx 970 mini
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The story here:

1. Windows insider update took over the boot options again, forcing windows boot manager to the top of the list and disabling clover from showing in bios boot options.
  2. Want to get into mac again, so I follow what was once said in this thread and used EasyUEFI to disable the windows boot manager entry
  3. After restarting, it still skipped the clover boot and booted into windows. (My suspicion is insider sets a shutdown task to restore EUFI)
  4. Backed up the EFI in EasyUEFI, and backed up the boot details including GUID and path
  5. deleted windows boot options and clover/mac did boot up successfully
  6. After I was done, the clover option for Windows just wasn't there.
  7. I tried adding a custom option in clover which DID bring windows option back to the screen
    fNCcQ.png
HOWEVER, when clicking windows it booted into recovery mode instead of Windows

I cannot seem to get it to boot into regular windows instead of recovery. I cannot restore the backup i created with easyuefi because I cannot get into windows to open it.

TLDR; Windows is booting into recovery instead of regular windows after deleting then re-entering the boot option

I was able to fix this by going on another PC, installing easyeufi, plugging in my 2.5' SSD with a USB -> power+sata in and clicking "restore backup" in easyUEFI .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back