Contribute
Register

[Solved] Did something stupid - need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at config.plist - I'm not sure what Acpi edits you made? Everything in Fixes is currently unchecked.
  • If that is the only problem in your CLOVER , I'm uploading a screenshot of ACPI with annotations.

Attachments

• ACPI.png
    ACPI.png
    274.7 KB · Views: 58
  • If that is the only problem in your CLOVER , I'm uploading a screenshot of ACPI with annotations.
I've made the ACPI Fixes you indicated. I've also made the BIOS changes you suggested, along with . Boot-up is still slow compared to the pre-Supplemental update. Also, Launchpad is now slow for some reason, pausing a second or two before responding.

Updated Clover attached. Again, thanks for your time in this.

Attachments

• Rambler358 - Clover-new1.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 41
I've made the ACPI Fixes you indicated. I've also made the BIOS changes you suggested, along with . Boot-up is still slow compared to the pre-Supplemental update. Also, Launchpad is now slow for some reason, pausing a second or two before responding.

Updated Clover attached. Again, thanks for your time in this.

I could not find anything that would explain your current "slowness" from CLOVER.
I have no idea why you needed those extra "Sensor kexts" and therefore I cannot comment on that.

• The best person to ask for hep in that regard is RehabMan. If you are doing as his approved indication for use, I have no questions.

I would rather monitor the speed issue for a few more days provided you have already addressed the BIOS video Disabling of IGFX.
See if anyone else has anything to offer to help you.

Last edited:
I could not find anything that would explain your current "slowness" from CLOVER.
I have no idea why you needed those extra "Sensor kexts" and therefore I cannot comment on that.

• The best person to ask for hep in that regard is RehabMan. If you are doing as his approved indication for use, I have no questions.

I would rather monitor the speed issue for a few more days provided you have already addressed the BIOS video Disabling of IGFX.
See if anyone else has anything to offer to help you.
I fixed the lag/slowness issue. Apparently the latest Nvidia drivers 157, 158, etc. are the culprits of this issue. And it's well known as just doing a Google search on "hackintosh high Sierra lag" will yield many hits.
Anyway, via a thread here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-3-update.243852/page-13) and starting at post #125 is the fix I used "Webdriver All Versions.app", and rolled back to the 106 version drivers.
The Launchpad and desktop is now smooth as butter!
I also removed the Sensor kexts, and that seems to help the boot-up issue.

I fixed the lag/slowness issue. Apparently the latest Nvidia drivers 157, 158, etc. are the culprits of this issue. And it's well known as just doing a Google search on "hackintosh high Sierra lag" will yield many hits.
Anyway, via a thread here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-3-update.243852/page-13) and starting at post #125 is the fix I used "Webdriver All Versions.app", and rolled back to the 106 version drivers.
The Launchpad and desktop is now smooth as butter!
I also removed the Sensor kexts, and that seems to help the boot-up issue.

Thank you for your very thoughtful and helpful post.

• I have no Nvidia beyond 700 Series. I used to stick with the recommendations in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-6-378-05-05-25.227494/ .
  • Your posted information that the "Nvidia drivers 157, 158, etc can cause lagging Video Display" and rolling back to Nvidia Web Driver version 106 is the answer to poor Video after installation of drivers recommended for the Build number of macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 will be every helpful to those with current Nvidia cards in macOS High Sierra having unexplained Video lag.

• I hope the "Post- Install Graphics Nvidia" recommendation would soon reflect this issue in eye catching Titles.

Thank you for your very thoughtful and helpful post.
No, thank you! I wouldn't have gotten nearly as far without your help. And it's been a learning experience for sure, and there's still more to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back