Contribute
Register

[Solved] Did something stupid - need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I've attached my EFI/Clover folder.

• I checked your CLOVER.
  • I find you have some Fake SMC_ACPI Sensors, CPUSensors, GPUSensors LPCSensors kexts in your CLOVER/kexst/Other. Are they needed? I have removed them
  • I also noted you had no Ethernet kexts in Others. Your Mause and Atheros are missing
  • I installed Mause and Atheros for the two LAN ports you have on your MoBo.
  • Please try this edited CLOVER after unzip & extract to replace and then reboot using Verbose (-v) mode.
  • Upload photos of any verbose boot screens problem occurring during boot.
  • If you succeed to reach desktop, take screen captures of the following to upload:
  • Apple >About This Mac > Overview
    • click on "Version" under macOS HighSierra to make Build Number to appear within ( ) and that screen capture to upload
    • System Report>...> Hardware>Hardware Overview Screen shot to upload
    • Hardware>Audio> Screenshot to upload
    • Hardware>Ethernet Cards>Screen shot to upload
    • Graphics and Displays> Screen Shot to upload
    • USB > Screen shot to upload
  • System Preferences > Sound >Input and Output screen shots to upload.
  • System Preferences> Network Screen shot to upload

Attachments

• Rambler358 - Clover-EFI.zip
    3 MB · Views: 59
  • I find you have some Fake SMC_ACPI Sensors, CPUSensors, GPUSensors LPCSensors kexts in your CLOVER/kexst/Other. Are they needed? I have removed them
  • I also noted you had no Ethernet kexts in Others. Your Mause and Atheros are missing
  • I installed Mause and Atheros for the two LAN ports you have on your MoBo.
Thank you so much!
  • I knew about the fake sensor kexts, as I saw that they supported my motherboard - maybe for the system info?
  • Strange about the ethernet kexts - I added both through the Kext Utility and assumed they'd be loaded correctly.
  • Please try this edited CLOVER after unzip & extract to replace and then reboot using Verbose (-v) mode.
  • Upload photos of any verbose boot screens problem occurring during boot.
  • If you succeed to reach desktop, take screen captures of the following to upload:
  • Apple >About This Mac > Overview
    • click on "Version" under macOS HighSierra to make Build Number to appear within ( ) and that screen capture to upload
    • System Report>...> Hardware>Hardware Overview Screen shot to upload
    • Hardware>Audio> Screenshot to upload
    • Hardware>Ethernet Cards>Screen shot to upload
    • Graphics and Displays> Screen Shot to upload
    • USB > Screen shot to upload
  • System Preferences > Sound >Input and Output screen shots to upload.
  • System Preferences> Network Screen shot to upload
I'll do that. Oh, another fix that happened (but also don't know exactly how) was that the system no longer reboots after shutdown.
Crossing my fingers...

Okay, still no joy with the Ethernet/Network. For some reason nothing shows up. I've attached the screenshots you wanted. Thanks again.

Attachments

• Rambler358 - System Pics.zip
    31.8 MB · Views: 52
Okay, still no joy with the Ethernet/Network. For some reason nothing shows up. I've attached the screenshots you wanted. Thanks again.
Your Hardware does not see Ethernet Installed!
Audio is installed and configured OK
but Video Card is also not installed fully(only basic video).
  • Usually, in your BIOS, by default the LAN chips should be ENABLED.
  • But, in view of your system not showing the Ethernet and also Graphics Card properly installed in System Reports>Hardware>, I suggest taking a second look in the BIOS to see if they got some how disabled during multiple troubleshoots shut down reboots.
    • See uploaded images of where to look for the menu.
      1.Peripherals.png
      2.Chipset.png
  • The other things I suggest is to install the Ethernet Kexts in /S/L/E using Kext Wizard.
  • Also upload your current CLOVER for another look.

Last edited:
Yes, I kept the basic graphics for now. I was waiting until I got internet working to run the script given here under How (nvidia-update.sh).
https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

Is Kext Wizard a different app than Kext Utility? If not, are there options to direct where the kexts are stored? When I used the Kext Utility I didn't see a way to direct where the kexts should go.

Yes, I kept the basic graphics for now. I was waiting until I got internet working to run the script given here under How (nvidia-update.sh).
https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

Is Kext Wizard a different app than Kext Utility? If not, are there options to direct where the kexts are stored? When I used the Kext Utility I didn't see a way to direct where the kexts should go.
Latest KU should install kexts properly.
Kext Wizard has options to [√] you can actually see and use manually [See images]
  • You can verify in /System/Library/Extensions for the installed kexts through KU.
    • Since /S/L/E is hidden, use "ShowAllFiles" tool from Tonymac or use the command to show hidden files .

Attachments

• KW-1.png
    KW-1.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 73
  • KW-2.png
    KW-2.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 53
If not, are there options to direct where the kexts are stored? When I used the Kext Utility I didn't see a way to direct where the kexts should go.
Use KextBeast
The other things I suggest is to install the Ethernet Kexts in /S/L/E using Kext Wizard.
It's better to install non-Apple kexts to /Library/Extensions instead of /System/Library/Extensions

Thank you so much!
  • I knew about the fake sensor kexts, as I saw that they supported my motherboard - maybe for the system info?
  • Strange about the ethernet kexts - I added both through the Kext Utility and assumed they'd be loaded correctly.

I'll do that. Oh, another fix that happened (but also don't know exactly how) was that the system no longer reboots after shutdown.
Crossing my fingers...
another fix that happened (but also don't know exactly how) was that the system no longer reboots after shutdown.

That is because I had edited your "ACPI" ->"Fixes" (1&2) in config.plist

Latest KU should install kexts properly.
Kext Wizard has options to [√] you can actually see and use manually [See images]
  • You can verify in /System/Library/Extensions for the installed kexts through KU.
    • Since /S/L/E is hidden, use "ShowAllFiles" tool from Tonymac or use the command to show hidden files .
Okay, I've attached pics of my main BIOS screens. And after installing the Ethernet kexts (again) and rebooting, I still have no internet. My setup is a dual-boot system, and I'm using a SSD specifically for the Hackintosh. Anyway, internet in Windows 10 has no issues, so I know it's not a hardware issue. I've also attached the latest Clover folder. I'll be curious to know if you find anything out of the ordinary - thanks!

Attachments

• Rambler358 - BIOS & Clover.zip
    13.2 MB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back