Contribute
Register

[solved] DELL Inspiron 7560 HDMI issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lilu.kext does nothing by itself. Don't include unless you also need some Lilu-based plugin (such as IntelGraphicsFixup.kext or other Lilu-based kext).
Understood.

I think this is my last CLOVER settings for me. Below is my last PR file, for the record for the installation for this laptop.
Now waiting for DW1560(BCM94352Z) arrive to continue my setup.

I may write a guide for this laptop after WIFI+BT set.

Understood.

I think this is my last CLOVER settings for me. Below is my last PR file, for the record for the installation for this laptop.
Now waiting for DW1560(BCM94352Z) arrive to continue my setup.

I may write a guide for this laptop after WIFI+BT set.

It is best to use the same name for patched OEM SSDTs as were seen in the Clover F4 extract to ACPI/origin.
So, SSDT-9-SgUlt-disGPU.aml should be SSDT-9-SgUlt.aml

You can use config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true instead of ssdtPRgen.sh generated SSDT.aml.

It is best to use the same name for patched OEM SSDTs as were seen in the Clover F4 extract to ACPI/origin.
So, SSDT-9-SgUlt-disGPU.aml should be SSDT-9-SgUlt.aml

You can use config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true instead of ssdtPRgen.sh generated SSDT.aml.
Thank you!

Deleted SSDT.aml and use PluginType=true in config.plist, I found performance is get little better.
Re-new the file.

Attachments

• PR_DELL_Inspiron_7560.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
Hi RehabMan, thanks for help again.

After patching the EDID, now everything get worked.
View attachment 302618
Here's what I do about patching EDID:

1. Dump EDID code by using EDID Manager in Windows.
2. Using FixEDID on OS X to patch new binary file, here is my settings:
  • Set model to "Only Inject EDID Unpatched"
  • Keep Display Class and Override Display Class as "AppleBacklightDisplay'
3. Make a patch, and it will build a folder that included patch on desktop
4. Open patch with PlistEdit, find 21st binary code "95", and replace it to "A5".
5. Save, and copy with folder together to /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides
6. Reboot and test.

Even IORegistry shows nothing change after the patch, but it still works.

Only strange is I can't use CLOVER to patch EDID, even Inject > Intel=true, and InjectEDID=true.
The InjectEDID still shows "unchecked" at CLOVER boot menu.

Anyway, HDMI works. internal monitor still working at HDMI plug or when unplug.
Now only two issues have to fix: brightness control using Fn key, and low fan speed fix.
Hope can still gets help.

Here's a new PR file and EDID patch.

Sorry I don't understand by this line: Open patch with PlistEdit, find 21st binary code "95", and replace it to "A5".

Thanks

Sorry I don't understand by this line: Open patch with PlistEdit, find 21st binary code "95", and replace it to "A5".

Thanks
You can try insert modified EDID code into config.plist

config.plist/Graphics/CustomEDID(data)=<Your EDID code>
config.plist/Graphics/InjectEDID(boolean)=true

You can try insert modified EDID code into config.plist

config.plist/Graphics/CustomEDID(data)=<Your EDID code>
config.plist/Graphics/InjectEDID(boolean)=true
This doesn't work for me. I tried all three options but none of them work for me. I got my graphics working and because of trying to make HDMI working, I also installed intelgraphicsfixup and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup but still got blank screen on laptop and screen working on HDMI screen .
Thanks

This doesn't work for me. I tried all three options but none of them work for me. I got my graphics working and because of trying to make HDMI working, I also installed intelgraphicsfixup and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup but still got blank screen on laptop and screen working on HDMI screen .
Thanks

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_30792.zip
    681.3 KB · Views: 73

Attachments

• debug_30792.zip
    21.9 MB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back