Intel i5-6600k
Graphics
Integrated (HD530)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey All,

Very new to hackintosh, but not new to computers. Recently I decided to give it a try after I upgraded my CPU and had an old one sitting around. Anyway, computer spec's:

CPU: i5-6600k
MOBO: ASUS Z170-P D3 (it is on the 2016 buyers guide)
GPU: none (integrated)
RAM: ADATA 8 GB, DDR3 (i inherited these from my father when he upgraded and had them sitting around and they dont have any serial number on them or name; they are literally plain black heatsinks, so i hope its not so important)
Storage: Corsair Force 60 GB (installed), WD 500 GB (reserve)
Bios Settings Configured:
Optimized defaults
Serial Port - disabled
Secure boot - disabled
Boot type - UFEI only
Vt-D - disabled
CFG-Lock - disabled
OS Type - Other OS
XHCI Handoff - Enabled​

I have been searching for quite a while after multiple attemps and starts in verbose. I have installed 10.12.6 via the following:

Unibeast 7.1.1
Multibeast - Sierra 9.1.0 (using UEFI Mode, ALC887/888b driver, Realtek 8111GR driver, Inject Intel HD5XX)
RehabMan-USBInjectAll-2017-0724 (via kextbeast)
However, despite all that, trying to boot on the SSD causes a crash (see attached -v screen) where the IOHIDDevice cannot be started. As you can see above, I have already included the kext from RehabMans most recent iteration to up the USB count to 26 (i believe) and I did not expect to get this specific boot error.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have so that I may help you help me as efficiently as possible. As I said, I am very very new to hackintosh (never edited the config.plist, never used kextstopatch and would likely need a minor (ok a pretty dumbed down) walkthrough if you would like these things or me to use these things. Thank you for your time! I hope this is not too newbish of a question!

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 165
@CJWasco, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

DVMT Pre-Allocated setting in BIOS is likely set incorrectly. Required: 64mb or larger (128mb usually works well).

@CJWasco, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.

DVMT Pre-Allocated setting in BIOS is likely set incorrectly. Required: 64mb or larger (128mb usually works well).

Thank you for informing me about my personal details. I am an avid skimmer of rules, not an avid reader evidentally!

So, I did as you said and upped it to 128mb and ran into the Intel Graphics not loading. After a quick search, I added Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup kexts and it worked like a charm! Thank you so much for your help even after NOT correctly having my profile set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back