Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] config.plist issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
While some people would tell you not to use OC configurator I use it and I do not have any issues. You could try taking your config opening it in OC configurator and then just simply saving it. That is all I did when I moved from 0.6.0 to 0.6.1.

The problem with DisableLinkeditJettison was fixed yesterday.

Thanks,

I tried that and it did remove the audiocodec glitch (last line in the screenshot above), but the rest remain.

I have a question though. I am wondering if I got the OC update proces right, since I am pretty new to this thing. What I did was:

1. Downloaded the latest version of OC from github.
2. Replaced all of the files from new OC download to my existing EFI, except for the ACPI, Drivers and Kexts folder.
3. And now, I have even saved the config.plist with OC Configurator.

Is that the correct process? Or did I miss something?

I don't know if this is a real bug, but I think I've had a problem using OC Configurator when I am editing 2 config.plists. Sometimes I want to have a "master" file, and a test file. I will commonly have both open in separate windows. I think that when I am making changes to the test file then save, it will sometimes save the changes into the master file!

It is possible I am mixing them up, but I've never had this problem when using Plistedit.

Nowadays, when I have the two files open, before I open the master, I make a duplicate of it, then compress it as a different name. Just in case.

While some people would tell you not to use OC configurator I use it and I do not have any issues. You could try taking your config opening it in OC configurator and then just simply saving it. That is all I did when I moved from 0.6.0 to 0.6.1.

The problem with DisableLinkeditJettison was fixed yesterday.

I don't know if this is a real bug, but I think I've had a problem using OC Configurator when I am editing 2 config.plists. Sometimes I want to have a "master" file, and a test file. I will commonly have both open in separate windows. I think that when I am making changes to the test file then save, it will sometimes save the changes into the master file!

It is possible I am mixing them up, but I've never had this problem when using Plistedit.

Nowadays, when I have the two files open, before I open the master, I make a duplicate of it, then compress it as a different name. Just in case.

I do not have that issue but my master always resides on my boot EFI I do not make edits to my config with my EFI mounted so I never over write it.

2. Replaced all of the files from new OC download to my existing EFI, except for the ACPI, Drivers and Kexts folder.

That is what I would have done. Did you come from 0.6.0 or did you have an even older version? Somewhere around 0.5.8 they made some seriously significant changes and when they did that I had to create an entirely new config.

Thanks,

I tried that and it did remove the audiocodec glitch (last line in the screenshot above), but the rest remain.

I have a question though. I am wondering if I got the OC update proces right, since I am pretty new to this thing. What I did was:

replace BOOTx64.efi from BOOT folder
OpenCore.efi
Boostrap.efi
Drivers folder contents
Tools (if you use them)

compare your config.plist with the sample from the docs folder side by side, amend/remove/edit as needed

then open terminal window, drag ocvalidate to terminal, then drag your newly edited config.plist to terminal window, then press enter, it will check for any errors

@Feartech and @scottkendall : Thank you!

So, I was playing around with the EFi and config and kinda managed to get rid of those errors, but now I have this:

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-11 at 2.46.19 AM.jpeg

The computer boots fine. Is this fixable by any chance?

Nope... No errors.

Here is my Config file however, I have stripped out most everything because with OC it is very system-specific. Compare the ACPI sections to what you have in your ACPI folder, Compare the kexts section to what you have in the kext folder, Compare the drivers section to what you have in the drivers folder, add your platform Info, add your device properties. If I have something listed and you do not have the file it will cause an error and likely not boot.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 117
Here is my Config file however, I have stripped out most everything because with OC it is very system-specific. Compare the ACPI sections to what you have in your ACPI folder, Compare the kexts section to what you have in the kext folder, Compare the drivers section to what you have in the drivers folder, add your platform Info, add your device properties. If I have something listed and you do not have the file it will cause an error and likely not boot.

@scottkendall : Thank you so much! But it was a no go again.

I finally solved the problem by rebuilding the entire EFI from scrtach :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back