Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Updated effortlessly

1599669459637.png

Just one error: I had updated to OpenCore 0.6.1 prior to updating the Mac. And now I get this during the boot. The system boots fine after this though:

IMG_20200909_220944.jpg

Any ideas what's causing this? Also, not sure if I updated OC incorrectly, but the way I had got it to OC 0.6.1 was like this:

1. I downloaded the new OC folder from Github
2. Replaced all files in my EFI folder with the newly downloaded files except for the config.plist, ACPI, Drivers and Kexts folder.

Last edited:
Are you using OpenCore Configurator? There are some errors in the latest release. It filed the DisableLinkedItJettison in the wrong place apparently. It's best to start from a backup and use a text editor for now.

The description and solution of these errors are in one of CaseySJ's build thread. When I find it, I'll link it here in an edit.

Updated effortlessly

View attachment 487527
Just one error: I had updated to OpenCore 0.6.1 prior to updating the Mac. And now I get this during the boot. The system boots fine after this though:

View attachment 487528

Any ideas what's causing this? Also, not sure if I updated OC incorrectly, but the way I had got it to OC 0.6.1 was like this:

1. I downloaded the new OC folder from Github
2. Replaced all files in my EFI folder with the newly downloaded files except for the config.plist, ACPI, Drivers and Kexts folder.

Are you using OpenCore Configurator? There are some errors in the latest release. It filed the DisableLinkedItJettison in the wrong place apparently. It's best to start from a backup and use a text editor for now.

The description and solution of these errors are in one of CaseySJ's build thread. When I find it, I'll link it here in an edit.

Er.. no, I didn't use OpenCore Configurator. I simply replaced the files I mentioned above.

Er.. no, I didn't use OpenCore Configurator. I simply replaced the files I mentioned above.
You have a misaligned entry in your config.plist hence the slight error. Post your config.plist minus your personal data and I will correct it if you wish.

Esafeddie is right. DisableLinkeditJettison is a new property under Quirks introduced by OC 0.6.1 (see the Differences.pdf document under Docs folder). Most likely you have a misaligned entry but nothing critical.

You have a misaligned entry in your config.plist hence the slight error. Post your config.plist minus your personal data and I will correct it if you wish.

That's mighty generous of you mate. Even though it isn't really a big issue, still a minor irritant. Here's my config.plist:

Regards!

Attachments

• config.plist
    23.3 KB · Views: 119
That's mighty generous of you mate. Even though it isn't really a big issue, still a minor irritant. Here's my config.plist:

Regards!
moved to desktop support

also you need to update to 0.6.1 as the arch sections were introduced then

Regards!
Ok please save your current config.plist somewhere safe incase this one doesn't work out for you. I have updated the config.plist to the latest version (0.6.1) and cleaned up some of your entries hoping to shave off some boot up time. Before you commit my effort to your main drive, I suggest you test it on a spare USB drive to see if all is well, don't forget to re-enter your personal data ie S/N, ROM, MLB etc. Good luck.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 97
Ok please save your current config.plist somewhere safe incase this one doesn't work out for you. I have updated the config.plist to the latest version (0.6.1) and cleaned up some of your entries hoping to shave off some boot up time. Before you commit my effort to your main drive, I suggest you test it on a spare USB drive to see if all is well, don't forget to re-enter your personal data ie S/N, ROM, MLB etc. Good luck.

Thank you so much for taking your time out buddy! The world needs more people like you :)

Unfortunately, it didn't work though. I still got the message below, but more importantly, the system wouldn't boot.

So, what I did was, I reverted back to the original config.plist and then compared it against yours: one entry at a time copying over settings one section at a time and restarting after every change.

So I was able to copy over nearly all of the changes from your plist. Now the system boots fine but the error is still there.

I think I cn live with it though. Just a bit of an eye-sore.

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-11 at 12.02.40 AM.jpeg

Thank you so much for taking your time out buddy! The world needs more people like you :)

Unfortunately, it didn't work though. I still got the message below, but more importantly, the system wouldn't boot.

So, what I did was, I reverted back to the original config.plist and then compared it against yours: one entry at a time copying over settings one section at a time and restarting after every change.

So I was able to copy over nearly all of the changes from your plist. Now the system boots fine but the error is still there.

I think I cn live with it though. Just a bit of an eye-sore.

While some people would tell you not to use OC configurator I use it and I do not have any issues. You could try taking your config opening it in OC configurator and then just simply saving it. That is all I did when I moved from 0.6.0 to 0.6.1.

It filed the DisableLinkedItJettison in the wrong place apparently.

The problem with DisableLinkeditJettison was fixed yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back