Contribute
Register

[solved] Compiling in MacASL: spits out 6 errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea when you don't provide the files.

Possible mistakes:
- refs.txt is empty
- wrong version of iasl in use

Same errors not possible with the edited code I mentioned in my previous post.

Correct. And if you look at my from/to, it is quite easy to see the changes I made...

No. Patching your own files is something you need to learn.

Okay, so get this. At first I was using "iasl.zip" from the RehabMan Bitbucket. So now I tried a different version: "iasl51.zip".

And just like that: no more errors.

I have absolutely no clue what the difference between iasl.zip and iasl51.zip is and I don't understand the logic behind one version being able to disassemble the DSDT and SSDTs without errors and the other version being unable to, but hey. I'm one step closer to disabling USB wake from sleep on my Hackintosh.

Thank you for your help, RehabMan. Now I can go on trying your patches for the USB wake from sleep issues.

Okay, so get this. At first I was using "iasl.zip" from the RehabMan Bitbucket. So now I tried a different version: "iasl51.zip".

And just like that: no more errors.

I have absolutely no clue what the difference between iasl.zip and iasl51.zip is and I don't understand the logic behind one version being able to disassemble the DSDT and SSDTs without errors and the other version being unable to, but hey. I'm one step closer to disabling USB wake from sleep on my Hackintosh.

Thank you for your help, RehabMan. Now I can go on trying your patches for the USB wake from sleep issues.

iasl.zip is ACPI 6.1. Your problem is using the wrong version of MaciASL.

Yeah... disassembling with ACPI 6.1 and trying to recompile with ACPI 5.1, is not something I tried before...

If I may be so bold to present you with one more challenge: my goal is to edit the DSDT in such a way the hackintosh does not wake by USB anymore (only the power button).

I tried both "usb_prw_0x0d_xhc.txt" and " usb_prw_0x6d_xhc.txt" from the Laptop-DSDT-Patch repository. But no luck so far.

To clarify: the two patched DSDT files (saved as ACPI Machine Language Binary in MaciASL) were put in "EFI > CLOVER > ACPI > patched" followed by a reboot (both patches were tested individually, of course).

In a thread were a user had a similar issue, you suggested tweaking "_PWR". However, I am unable to find "_PWR" in my DSDT.

Any idea how to go about this?

Link to patched DSDTs

Last edited:
If I may be so bold to present you with one more challenge: my goal is to edit the DSDT in such a way the hackintosh does not wake by USB anymore (only the power button).

I tried both "usb_prw_0x0d_xhc.txt" and " usb_prw_0x6d_xhc.txt" from the Laptop-DSDT-Patch repository. But no luck so far.

No need to "try both". Use only the patch that corresponds to your DSDT.

Your DSDT uses 0x6d as you can see from this code in Device XHC:
Code:
            Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x6D, 0x04))
            }

Changing to:
Code:
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x6D, 0))
            }

Will disable wake from sleep for that device, but all _PRW that use 0x6d must also be changed.

There is one in GLAN, and HDAS...

To clarify: the two patched DSDT files were put in "EFI > CLOVER > ACPI > patched" followed by a reboot (both patches were tested individually, of course).

I don't know what you mean by "two patched DSDT files". There can be only one DSDT: DSDT.aml.

In a thread were a user had a similar issue, you suggested tweaking "_PWR". However, I am unable to find "_PWR" in my DSDT.

Any idea how to go about this?

Keep in mind most desktop BIOS options provide a direct setting for "Wake on LAN" and "Wake on USB"...

Code:
            {
            }

Changing to:
Code:
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x6D, 0))
            }

Will disable wake from sleep for that device, but all _PRW that use 0x6d must also be changed.

I don't know what you mean by "two patched DSDT files". There can be only one DSDT: DSDT.aml.

Keep in mind most desktop BIOS options provide a direct setting for "Wake on LAN" and "Wake on USB"...

By "two patched DSDT files" I meant that since I wanted to try two different patches I applied one patch to DSDT.dsl, tried booting with the patched DSDT in place and then repeated the process with the other patch. I put one DSDT.aml in the "patched folder" on the EFI partition at a time.

Unfortunately, my BIOS does not provide any options for "Wake on LAN" and "Wake on USB". "Wake for Ethernet network access" is disabled in the OS X system settings.

Thank you for your suggestion at the beginning of your post. I will try it out tomorrow and report back.

Code:
            {
            }

Changing to:
Code:
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x6D, 0))
            }

Changed "0x04" to "0" at line 13234 (GLAN), 13343 (XHC) and 13793 (HDAS). Saved as DSDT.aml ("ACPI Machine Language Binary") in MaciASL RM-1.3.

Placed DSDT.aml in "EFI > CLOVER > ACPI > patched" and rebooted. Unfortunately, when I put the computer to sleep, it still wakes up by USB. GLAN is the wake reason according to the system.log.

Clover appears to be loading the DSDT.aml from "EFI > CLOVER > ACPI > patched" as in the bootlog.log.txt it says "59:612 0:000 DSDT found in Clover volume OEM folder: EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched\DSDT.aml".

I'm running Clover Version 2.3k, Build: 2016-04-06 20:59:39 (rev 3423 according to bootlog.log.txt)

Any ideas on tackling this?

Link to edited DSDT.aml
Link to config.plist (from "EFI > CLOVER")
Link to bootlog.log.txt (generated with Clover Configurator 4.29.0)
Link to system.log (generated with Console app)

Last edited:
Changed "0x04" to "0" at line 13234 (GLAN), 13343 (XHC) and 13793 (HDAS). Saved as DSDT.aml ("ACPI Machine Language Binary") in MaciASL RM-1.3.

Placed DSDT.aml in "EFI > CLOVER > ACPI > patched" and rebooted. Unfortunately, when I put the computer to sleep, it still wakes up by USB. GLAN is the wake reason according to the system.log.

Clover appears to be loading the DSDT.aml from "EFI > CLOVER > ACPI > patched" as in the bootlog.log.txt it says "59:612 0:000 DSDT found in Clover volume OEM folder: EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched\DSDT.aml".

I'm running Clover Version 2.3k, Build: 2016-04-06 20:59:39 (rev 3423 according to bootlog.log.txt)

Any ideas on tackling this?

Link to edited DSDT.aml
Link to config.plist (from "EFI > CLOVER")
Link to bootlog.log.txt (generated with Clover Configurator 4.29.0)
Link to system.log (generated with Console app)

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Attach contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory as ZIP.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Attach contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory as ZIP.

Here you go: link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back