Contribute
Register

[solved] Compiling in MacASL: spits out 6 errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
4750525702 is the AML encoding for a method named GPRW, 2 parameteters, NotSerialized. You can read about it in the ACPI spec.

If you find only one instance of it in your DSDT.aml, you know the patch will successfully change the name to XPRW, which is what we want...

I only found one instance in my DSDT.aml.

Concerning ACPIDebug: there are 3 steps:
  • Step 1. Apply the debug.txt patch via MaciASL (done)
  • Step 2. Install the kext (ACPIDebug.kext) (done)
  • Step 3. Add code to your DSDT to where you wish to cause trace messages to system.log (call \RMDT.PUSH) (not done)
Regarding step 3, where in my DSDT do I put "call \RMDT.PUSH"?

I only found one instance in my DSDT.aml.

Concerning ACPIDebug: there are 3 steps:
  • Step 1. Apply the debug.txt patch via MaciASL (done)
  • Step 2. Install the kext (ACPIDebug.kext) (done)
  • Step 3. Add code to your DSDT to where you wish to cause trace messages to system.log (call \RMDT.PUSH) (not done)
Regarding step 3, where in my DSDT do I put "call \RMDT.PUSH"?

What are you trying to do with ACPIDebug?

Yesterday you said:

"Suggest you use ACPIDebug to see what GRPRW is returning in each case of 0x6d use.

I use a brute-force technique where I rename GPRW to XPRW so I can override in an SSDT. See the hotpatch files here for example: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config"

So I went here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug. Am I not supposed to use ACPIDebug?

Suggest you try the brute force method first, since you already started going down that path... Once you understand how to do such things, it takes only a few minutes to implement.

Yes... The brute force method is usually quite effective...

Thank you for your help.

Your profile says you joined this site in 2012 and have since posted over 113.000 messages. Helping out people with their issues and educating people like me by answering their noob questions. Your repository is an impressive feat as well. I can’t even begin to fathom how much time and effort this all must have cost.

Thank you once more and hat’s off to you.

Thank you for your help.

Your profile says you joined this site in 2012 and have since posted over 113.000 messages. Helping out people with their issues and educating people like me by answering their noob questions. Your repository is an impressive feat as well. I can’t even begin to fathom how much time and effort this all must have cost.

Thank you once more and hat’s off to you.

Thanks for the compliments. Will mark this thread as solved.

Hi Rehabman,

Thanks again for your comments, highly appreciated.

I'm trying to compile something using iasl 6.1

My maciasl.app 1.4 only goes up to 5.1.
I downloaded iasl from your bitbucket repo.

cd ~/Downloads
unzip iasl.zip
sudo cp iasl /usr/bin

sudo cp /usr/bin/iasl /Applications/MaciASL.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl61

I can see the iasl61 bin in the package, but when I start de MacIasl,app the highest compile setting in the prefs is still 5.1, and I have errors.

What am I doing wrong?

Forget it. Found your version of maciasl. I had the impression I had to use sjunderwaters version, with the iasl6.1 bin in the package.
No I don't have errors. Nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back