Contribute
Register

[Solved]CMOS reset after sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't solve the problem. I think it does a work-around by disabling S3 sleep, so hibernate is used instead. At least that is what it does on my system. After executing that command, going to sleep, and waking up my clicking the mouse my hackintosh has to completely boot from new (25 seconds), then I can enter password and login to the desktop state I've left before.

I guess I should qualified it with a 'YMMV'. On my machine, it does turn off and starts right away when I hit the shift key. The referenced post does say something about not going into a deep sleep but I'm satisfied. Hence the post marked as solved. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you.

w

Would you please run this in terminal: sudo pmset -g cap

It will display a list of capabilities. Is standby in that list? It's not there on my system. I suppose this is the reason why it goes to hibernate instead of standby.

Your list is the same as mine. So your hackintosh doesn't really go to S3 standby. It only turns off the monitor and the fans. Power usage stays at 95% compared to idle desktop. On a real mac, or when S3 standby is working on a hackintosh this is the output:

Capabilities for AC Power:
displaysleep
disksleep
sleep
womp
autorestart
halfdim
gpuswitch
standby
standbydelay
powernap
ttyskeepawake
hibernatemode
hibernatefile
autopoweroff
autopoweroffdelay

I thought your observation is very interesting. But my box seems awfully dead-to-the-world when it goes into 'sleep' mode so I decided to test it. I used an AC clamp-on amp meter to measure the draw in idle and 'sleep' states. At idle, the draw is about 5-6 amps (15 amp range on meter). The needle bounces. When I put the box into sleep mode, it bounced ever so slightly above zero, about 1-2 needle widths (6 amp and lowest range). And it is a very thin needle. I would guesstimate it at about 0.1 amp. The zero to one interval has no sub markings.

Now, please understand, I am not trying to argue with you. I just wanted to measure what was happening. Second, I could not argue with you since you seem to know more about topic than I ever will. I get it to work and stop learning. I can't explain it but it does work.

w

At 0.1 amps you are definitely in S3 standby, and not S1 as I have suspected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back