CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am having a problem with my install. After sleep the computer will not restart. It seems the cmos resets. To get the the machine to start again I reset the cmos, boot into bios settings to adjust again, and then boot into Sierra. If I do a proper shutdown, the machine will start just fine the next day so this problem just affects sleep mode. This was working quite well on Yosemite for months and then for a few weeks after doing a clean install to Sierra. I don't know what changed. I have manually applied the AppleRTC patch ( Find: 75 2E 0F B6 then Replace by: EB 2E 0F B6 ) using Hex Fiend and rebuilt the cache and permissions. It has not made a difference. Most of the searches I find either are written for earlier than Sierra or are confusing.

I am using Clover 4077. config.plist has the entry:

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>

I do not have a good understanding of how Clover works and what it is trying to do. That, I think, is a big part of my inability to solve this. Hardware/OS is:
Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3; i5 3570k; Zotac Geforce GT 240 1024 GB; 8GB DDR3 1333; OS X 10.12.4

windom

Did you find anything to fix this?
I got into a loop last night, where the 2011 CustoMac Mini wouldn't come back after a deep sleep, the fans would light up and it would start to boot, then reset as if the power supply was shorting out, this kept happening for 5 minutes straight even after I pulled the power plug.
Got busy last night and didn't end up turning it on, but 48 hours later, plugged it in and it booted right up.

Never had any sleep issues 10.7 to 10.11. I had a rough update to 10.12. I figure some file or setting got changed. But not exactly sure since I've never had to solve for sleep before.

I have not tried sleep mode for a while. I got tired of the recovery process. I've been turning off the machine every night. My thinking currently is that our MBs have out-lived their hackintosh life, that there is something about the hardware that causes this problem, that it's time for a new setup. However, sleep aside, it runs perfectly fine. Not sure what to do so I'm doing nothing. Not what I want to hear either.

w

I have the same problem with Sierra. When I set my hackintosh to standby/sleep my bios gets corrupted. Only clearing the CMOS jumper helps to revive the PC. Reboot/Shutdown works fine.

My thinking currently is that our MBs have out-lived their hackintosh life, that there is something about the hardware that causes this problem...

I don't think so. I have my main disk partitioned. When it was 10.11/10.12 and I set 10.12 as the auto boot it was sleeping fine. I tried that 10.12 clean install for a few weeks, then I tried to update my 10.11/ first partition. That is the system I'm having sleeping issues on now. So I know this motherboard can sleep fine on 10.12. It's just some setting I've got wrong right now.

Sorry I haven't responded sooner but things (i. e. real life, hate it when it gets in the way) have kept me away. Plus I figured this thread wasn't going anywhere anyways.

@BruceLee5000, I think you are right but I do not have a good handle on this whole Clover thing, how it works. I've been over my cmos settings several times and have tried the suggestions I could find though most of them were contributed before 10.12. Point is I don't where to look anymore.

@treuherz26, no, I have not found anything. The truth is I have sort of gave up and bought new hardware but haven't had the time (see above) to switch over. From what I've seen so far though, I am not sure I will be much further ahead of the game.

We can hope that someone will give us a lead but I am not holding my breath. Not that I am not truly thankful for the help I have received from so many others over the years with other problems. This a remarkable forum.

windom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back