Contribute
Register

[solved] Clover Update failed for preparation to 10.12.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Can you upload the CLOVER Folder without the contents of themes folder as a zipped file to take a look at inside each folder within CLOVER?"

heres the zip file, themes folder excluded.
  • Are you booting in UEFI or Legacy mode with this device?
  • Many sub-folders missing.
  • kexts folders are empty
  • driver64UEFI missing the critical file -"OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi" needed to reach Clover boot manager screen
Need to recreate the disk with Clover EFI Bootloader properly installed.

strange.

i never manipulated the efi partition except via clover configurator. but i never moved files in there.but the clover folder show up two times - one directly on the efi partition, the other one is located in the efi partition/efi folder/ clover. in the last post i uploaded the one directly from the partition. heres the other one located in the efi folder:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
  • Are you booting in UEFI or Legacy mode with this device?
  • Many sub-folders missing.
  • kexts folders are empty
  • driver64UEFI missing the critical file -"OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi" needed to reach Clover boot manager screen
Need to recreate the disk with Clover EFI Bootloader properly installed.
All required folders are present and the kexts folder can be empty if kext injection is not required (FakeSMC and other kexts in pre-linked kernel)

strange.

i never manipulated the efi partition except via clover configurator. but i never moved files in there.but the clover folder show up two times - one directly on the efi partition, the other one is located in the efi partition/efi folder/ clover. in the last post i uploaded the one directly from the partition. heres the other one located in the efi folder:
After installing the updated Clover try generating a basic config.plist for the latest version as described here.
Code:
/usr/local/bin/clover-genconfig >config.plist

After installing the updated Clover try generating a basic config.plist for the latest version as described here.
Code:
/usr/local/bin/clover-genconfig >config.plist

Why are you generating a basic Config?

strange.

I would suggest deleting the "incomplete CLOVER" (1.2 MB zipped) uploaded the first time from the EFI partition and just have this one (2.3MB zipped) which is : /EFI/EFI/CLOVER and try booting.

Why are you generating a basic Config?
The plist in use is old. Also the basic config is likely to reach the menu.
Clover wiki:
Following way of creating a configuration file is offered: * Install the minimal version, which only uses safe parameters * Load Clover's GUI and enter the Options menu (by pressing O) * Browse all options and try to understand what is set and why * Fix what you understand and leave the rest like it is * Load the OS. If it doesn't load, repeat the last steps until it starts
Edit: The config in the "real" Clover folder the OP has since uploaded looks much more promising.

Last edited:
problem solved. thanks to all you guys for your help.

i decided to clear the whole efi partition and begin from scratch. i installed bootloaders and such with multibeast and then updated clover via the clover configurator and suddenly it worked.

theres only one strange thing left:
my bootloader screen appears in a small resolution, like 1024x768 or so, but my main reso is 1920x1080. i changed the resolution via clover configurator at the GUI tab to 1920 but when booting its still 1024. can somebody tell me hoe to get this fixed?! its not much of a big deal, but i was just wondering why this happens now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back