i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey guys!

Im experiencing problems updating clover in order to update sierra.

Currently im running an older version of clover (3766) as required for the update.
There are no errors during clover installation, but after reboot, clover freezes at "scan user entries" and i have to rollback to my older clover version.

Searched all over the internet for a solution,but couldnt find anyone having the same issues.

As this is my first post after successfully installing a hackintosh for the first time, i just want to shout out a huge THANK YOU to the community and mods. The fact that i was able to install sierra on my own with moderate computer knowledge and without having to ask a single question is a 1000% proof that youre doing a great job here!

Last edited:
No no no - you need to update Clover to the latest version first for the Sierra update install to work, this is clearly advocated in the forum.
okay, i think you got me wrong. maybe its because im not a native english speaker.

i read that clover needs to be updated before updating sierra.
in order to do so, i tried to update clover, but it failed - as described in the 1st post. i didnt try to update sierra yet.

so, i just need help updating clover via the configurator or whatever works best.

okay, i think you got me wrong. maybe its because im not a native english speaker.

i read that clover needs to be updated before updating sierra.
in order to do so, i tried to update clover, but it failed - as described in the 1st post. i didnt try to update sierra yet.

so, i just need help updating clover via the configurator or whatever works best.
  • Download Clover EFI Bootloader from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/latest/download and save it on your desktop as "Clover_v2.4k_r4049.zip"
  • Dbl click to extract to an automatically created folder.
  • Open the folder and launch "Clover_v2.4_r4049.pkg" [*You should have already made your System Preferences>Security & Privacy to "Allow apps downloaded from: (.) Anywhere to avoid any questions about the download regarding permission]
  • Continue>Continue>Select your current El Capitan disk>"Customize"> UEFI or Legacy Mode as the case may be ......."Install"
    • If you find any problem during these steps, take a Screen Capture Image of that window [ using Windows key+Shift key+ 4 to get a Cross-hair mouse cursor to enclose needed screen outline to be captured and dropped on desktop] and upload that image to the Forum to make your post clearer to the readers.

Latest Clover when booting in Legacy mode is super slow. I noticed this when testing on my Z68 system. I forget how many minutes it took before I saw the Clover menu. It felt like it took 5 minutes.

Did you use the latest UniBeast 7.1.1 when you created the USB boot drive? That new version was released just a few days ago.

Latest Clover when booting in Legacy mode is super slow. I noticed this when testing on my Z68 system. I forget how many minutes it took before I saw the Clover menu. It felt like it took 5 minutes.
i waited over 20 minutes and still no clover menu. so i think the problem is somewhere else.

i also tried uefi mode, as i have a beta uefi version for my bios - same problem
also tried different versions, from 4049 to 4045, to 3998 - everything the same result.
my screen freezes at this image:
IMG_20170404_143030.jpg

2cmn:
thanks for your post, but the installation itself runs like a charm. it just freezes after booting up with newer versions (see image in this post)

2 snottywong
no. my usb is an old one from my el capitan installation. you think its worth trying it with the new one?!

"Can you upload the CLOVER Folder without the contents of themes folder as a zipped file to take a look at inside each folder within CLOVER?"

heres the zip file, themes folder excluded.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back