Contribute
Register

[Solved] Clover - Four Boot Options after High Sierra Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have High Sierra fully functioning now. I have tried the above ideas and cannot clear the four boot options. Has anyone else fixed this successfully?

You can hide them by listing them in config.plist/GUI/Hide

It's easy. Put "preboot" on config.plist. GUI/Hide. For example,

Code:
                <key>Hide</key>
                <array>
                        <string>Windows</string>
                        <string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>
                        <string>preboot</string>
                </array>

Be very careful when trying to remove these partitions. I think they are in fact attached to the main boot partition. When I tried to remove them using their UUID in Clover it removed all of the boot partitions. I had to go into the UEFI shell and edit the config.plist to get it back where I could boot.

This worked perfect. You can hide anything in there :)

It's easy. Put "preboot" on config.plist. GUI/Hide. For example,

Code:
                <key>Hide</key>
                <array>
                        <string>Windows</string>
                        <string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>
                        <string>preboot</string>
                </array>

I found a solution in another thread. All you have to do in the Clover GUI area is add the following Hide Commands: Recovery & Preboot. When I did this all that shows when I boot up is the primary drive.

Interesting. I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to High Sierra. All went smoothly, then at the end I have these extra clover boot entries.

Now while I’m happy to go and hide them as discussed above - I do distinctly remember having to boot into one of the Preboot options during the HS upgrade. I wonder if when the 10.14 upgrade comes along those of with all “Preboot” entries hidden will have a hard time unless we remember to unhide them for the upgrade?

I found a solution in another thread. All you have to do in the Clover GUI area is add the following Hide Commands: Recovery & Preboot. When I did this all that shows when I boot up is the primary drive.

This worked for me. Thank you. To clarify, you need to hit the plus sign in the Hide Volume table of the GUI section and add a Recovery entry and a Preboot entry.

Good evening to everyone.
I have read all the various posts but both if I go to hide the volumes from the GUI and if I do the code from the Clover shell, I still have the option of preboot between the clover starts. How can I solve?
Thanks so much

My failed upgrade attempt produced a "Preboot Prebooter" labelled volume, couldn't for the life of me figure out what was different about that volume than the others which weren't what I expected either. After much consternation and two days of twiddling and trying to fix the situation, I simply wiped the drive and ran back to Sierra until the upgrade process improves at a later point.
Still just as you described...today 14th Jan 2018....am still trying to fix it. Did you ever fix the excess drives showing up in clover boot menu??? If you did can you post? Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back