Motherboard
Asus P5P41TED
CPU
E8500
Graphics
GeForce 6200
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Clover was updated a few hours ago. Installed the new version, the CustoMac refuses to boot. I mean, no logo, nothing, no even in verbose mode, only Clover appears, then, instead of boot, nothing, black screen. It is an old system, Intel Core 2 Duo, BIOS Gigabyte motherboard. Before this update, things went just fine, El Capitan was the newest (10.11.4). Reinstalled the OS, repeated the update, the same thing. Reinstalled the previous version of Clover, things work again. I am not too technical, I do not know what information to post, I guess video card and such things are not relevant. For the moment, things seem fine, but this seems that future updates of Clover will not possible and this CustoMac will reach the end of life. I hope the error will be discovered by someone in here. Maybe, if things do not work out, I shall post on the page of the Clover developers as well, but things seem a little too technical for me there, at least for the moment.

Why did you update Clover? Wise to not fix something that's not broke.

Because staying un-updated too long is a really bad idea, changes in software will turn your hardware and software configuration to be slowly, obsolete. And, besides, something like this can be used for bug reporting and so, in a longer run, will help me as well.

Because staying un-updated too long is a really bad idea, changes in software will turn your hardware and software configuration to be slowly, obsolete. And, besides, something like this can be used for bug reporting and so, in a longer run, will help me as well.

DSDT use ??
You have a personalized Config.plist ??
You should provide more information on your settings for any of this forum can help.

Cheers

I do not know exactly what to say about DSDT, Unibeast and Multicast managed it automaticly, I have Gigabyte S3 motherboard, 2008 I guess, NVIDIA Geforce 6200, on config.plist I have only added npci=0x3000, since the video card does not support the full video capacity of Yosemite or El Capitan. It worked fine until this Clover update. This system was bought on 2012, it had Windows 8.1, but turned it into a CustoMac, since the components were compatible already.

The lastest final/stable version is always the zip file here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
Newer versions you compile yourself are experimental/beta and used at your own risk, for example 3389. If your goal is to be constantly trouble-shooting Clover, by all means enjoy...

The lastest final/stable version is always the zip file here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
Newer versions you compile yourself are experimental/beta and used at your own risk, for example 3389. If your goal is to be constantly trouble-shooting Clover, by all means enjoy...

Note that r3389 is the current version on sourceforge...!!

It seems to be broken for legacy boot. It is being discussed on the Clover threads on IM...

I have posted a ticket for support there as well. I hope the Clover developers have not stopped supporting legacy boot...

Note that r3389 is the current version on sourceforge...!!

It seems to be broken for legacy boot. It is being discussed on the Clover threads on IM...

I can confirm that the "current" Clover bootloader ver. 3389 indeed also breaks booting my two hacks as per my
signature. Reverting to version 3368 restores full functionality.

It appears that Clover 3389 is unable to find and thus load the 10.11.04 kernel. Once leaving the Clover menu
the screen remains "empty" , no Apple logo when booting without -v or no text whatsoever when attempting to
boot in verbose mode.

Greets

I hope the Clover developers have not stopped supporting legacy boot...

It seems like that might be the case - they seemed dismissive, chalking it up to moving from EDK2-18xxx in 3368 to
EDK2-20424 in 3389. I'm not sure why moving to that version of EDK2 was more important than maintaining compatibility with older systems, especially since 3389's CLOVERX64.efi still works fine with the boot file from 3368.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back