Contribute
Register

[Solved] Clover 3389 can not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, maybe someone will fork Clover, to maintain a bootloader for legacy systems, in case the Clover developers decided to drop support.

Thanks for testing this!
You saved my weekend. I was just about to update clover and now I know I should not as both of my hacks use legacy mode.

I am booting 10.11.4 using r3389 in legacy mode without issue. Specs for the machine are the second build in my sig.

New build today, 3411, installed, it seems the Clover developers managed to solve the problem. No issues apparently.

New build today, 3411, installed, it seems the Clover developers managed to solve the problem. No issues apparently.

Confirm 3411 works on both my legacy bios machines

I do not know exactly what to say about DSDT, Unibeast and Multicast managed it automaticly, I have Gigabyte S3 motherboard, 2008 I guess, NVIDIA Geforce 6200, on config.plist I have only added npci=0x3000, since the video card does not support the full video capacity of Yosemite or El Capitan. It worked fine until this Clover update. This system was bought on 2012, it had Windows 8.1, but turned it into a CustoMac, since the components were compatible already.

Hello Vyzantion!
I just read you have an NVIDIA Geforce 6200, I'm trying to make it work on El Capitan.
Could you please help me?
I am trying to inject the EFI string in Clover at boot. I had success since OS X gets the right name of the cart and the 256mb of Ram of the NVIDIA. But no QE/CI nor full acceleration.
Any clue? Do you use special parameters at boot time with Clover? what Clover version do you use?
Thanks!!
Andy

Hello Vyzantion!
I just read you have an NVIDIA Geforce 6200, I'm trying to make it work on El Capitan.
Could you please help me?
I am trying to inject the EFI string in Clover at boot. I had success since OS X gets the right name of the cart and the 256mb of Ram of the NVIDIA. But no QE/CI nor full acceleration.
Any clue? Do you use special parameters at boot time with Clover? what Clover version do you use?
Thanks!!
Andy
Try Sierra, if you can. I boot using the bootflag npci=0x3000 on Clover, I check `Inject Nvidia` on Multibeast. That is it. I have not managed to get it to work at full capacity.

Try Sierra, if you can. I boot using the bootflag npci=0x3000 on Clover, I check `Inject Nvidia` on Multibeast. That is it. I have not managed to get it to work at full capacity.

Hello Vyzantion, thanks for your reply
Ok! So you're telling me you did not manage to get it fully working with QE/CI ?
My problem is I have glitches in Safari and can't set the screensaver, I only see garbled previews in the option settings.
That seems to be a QE/CI problem indeed, from what I've read on the forum... :|
I see all the 256mb of memory of the card.
Andy

Screensaver worked. Some iTunes visualisation did not. Also newer Windows software played in Wine failed to load, due to npci=0x3000. VLC did not played videos, but I found a better replacement, MPlayer OSX Extended. Transparacy effects were also absent. Thoose were the glitches, more or less. But I was ok with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back