Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]Clean Install but no "High Sierra" option in clover boot menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, HFS to me meant Sierra or El Capitan drive.

The last image posted would have explained it all at the beginning but it took a bit of dragging to get there.

Now if it doesn't load, the fun begins! The config.plist dsdt fixes, halt enabler, Pstates, Clover kexts folder, there are many more problems, questions and answers to come.

The thing about it is I remember when Sierra came out in beta and we were all schooled on the dual install or reboot and stage 2 of the install, now with High Sierra it seems to never end, you get the initial 2-3 minute apple logo progress bar then reboot, then another 43 minute progress bar apple logo load, another reboot that is a short blip, then another progress bar, then white screen, then grey/black and then the Language window. If your coming from Yosemite or El Capitan and haved'ny been through the Sierra install it can be rather confusing.

Last edited:
  • This is the result of economizing on words in the post!
  • Readers will guess and fill up the blanks from their own perspective/experience..
  • When I saw the right icon with "HFS" I guessed it could be macOS 10.12.6
  • If the posted image had a legend , things could have been different.
  • It took 3 posts and several wrong advice to find what was really happening!

Thanks guys for all your help, everything is working perfectly .

Thanks guys for all your help, everything is working perfectly .

Please post what exactly happened and how did you fix it.
Let your post help others with similar problems.
An abrupt end saying everything is working perfectly will be good for you but not for those who will read your post from search for "missing High Sierra in Clover boot Manager after install"
Please post a brief explanation of what caused the problem and how you fixed it.
After that change the Title with a Prefix [SOLVED]

Solved! "missing High Sierra in Clover boot Manager after install"

After the first stage of install the option to boot from High Sierra was not there so I started the whole install process from scratch, many times, with the same issue. I then selected the HFS tab "Boot macOS Install from High Sierra" The installer started and after a few seconds then rebooted to the Clover Boot Options. This didn't seem right so I started from scratch again.

In order for the install to complete here are my steps:

At clover boot screen:
Boot OS X Install from Install macOs High Sierra.
Choose language
On reboot select HFS tab "Boot macOS Install from High Sierra" (Double Click)
On reboot select HFS tab "Boot macOS Install from High Sierra" (Double Click) AGAIN!!
On reboot at boot screen choose High Sierra
Complete install.

In a nutshell not selecting HFS tab a SECOND TIME is where I went wrong!

Solved! "missing High Sierra in Clover boot Manager after install"

After the first stage of install the option to boot from High Sierra was not there so I started the whole install process from scratch, many times, with the same issue. I then selected the HFS tab "Boot macOS Install from High Sierra" The installer started and after a few seconds then rebooted to the Clover Boot Options. This didn't seem right so I started from scratch again.

In order for the install to complete here are my steps:

At clover boot screen:
Boot OS X Install from Install macOs High Sierra.
Choose language
On reboot select HFS tab "Boot macOS Install from High Sierra" (Double Click)
On reboot select HFS tab "Boot macOS Install from High Sierra" (Double Click) AGAIN!!
On reboot at boot screen choose High Sierra
Complete install.

In a nutshell not selecting HFS tab a SECOND TIME is where I went wrong!
Thank you :clap:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back