Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]Clean Install but no "High Sierra" option in clover boot menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an iMac. Running High Sierra 10.13.2

If you have the USB installer plug it into the iMac and look for the usr/standalone/i386 folder drag a copy of apfsefi to desktop and then place it in Clover/Drivers64efi folder. Or you can create a USB footer by installing clover on it and adding the apfsefi file.

The Appstore has "show all files" for free as a download.

If you have the USB installer plug it into the iMac and look for the usr/standalone/i386 folder drag a copy of apfsefi to desktop and then place it in Clover/Drivers64efi folder. Or you can create a USB footer by installing clover on it and adding the apfsefi file.

The Appstore has "show all files" for free as a download.

all that is in that folder is boot.efi

Go back to the picture I posted there should be apfsefi.

I am looking in the USB installer
Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 00.24.32.png

Last edited:
"Boot macOS Install from High Sierra". If I click on it, "Installing on High Sierra" begins and then stops after a few seconds then reboots back to clover boot options.

• You should have posted that information in your first post.
  • The conclusion based on this information with this post is that you have a failed upgrade.

• For a troubleshoot check this out #9

I am attempting a clean install not an upgrade.

Your SSD has the second stage out of three for the install. It will reboot at least 3 times before you have a complete install.
Hit the HFS tab and let it complete the install, it should take 20 minutes or so.

Last edited:
Your SSD has the second stage out of three for the install. It will reboot at least 3 times before you have a complete install.
Hit the HFS tab and let it complete the install, it should take 20 minutes or so.
  • This is the result of economizing on words in the post!
  • Readers will guess and fill up the blanks from their own perspective/experience..
  • When I saw the right icon with "HFS" I guessed it could be macOS 10.12.6
  • If the posted image had a legend , things could have been different.
  • It took 3 posts and several wrong advice to find what was really happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back