Contribute
Register

[Solved] Catalina thinks my Corsair Commander Pro is a UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jimbojingle I really wish I could be more help, but I'm just not sure. If what you have mirrors that snippet above then I'm stumped. It's working great on my end– I just updated my EFI. Rebooted– message gone. You added this to your `config.plist`? And you also added that `CommanderProFix.kext` file to your Kexts folder?

Maybe @aclee can chime in as he/she was the one who made this and might have more insight?

@jimbojingle one more thought came to mind. If you check out the github link @aclee shared you'll notice some notes shared about how this kext works and how it is implemented. Note the bottom "boot arguments" section with a few things you may try– you can enable verbose logging to see if that reveals anything, or there is also a specific argument to enable for more versions of OSX (maybe that would do it?)

Is anyone successfully using the kext with an iMac19,1 SMBIOS? I've been using it on MacPro7,1 and haven't been able to test it on other ones quite yet. I have a feeling it's a conflicting kext but if not then the SMBIOS is the only other thing I can think of that could be causing issues.

Is anyone successfully using the kext with an iMac19,1 SMBIOS? I've been using it on MacPro7,1 and haven't been able to test it on other ones quite yet. I have a feeling it's a conflicting kext but if not then the SMBIOS is the only other thing I can think of that could be causing issues.
Can absolutely confirm it works with iMac19,1. Thanks for taking the time to put that together! 10/10!

Hi,

I have these settings exactly the same as you but the CommanderProFix.kext is just not running.

Any ideas why this could be? It would be great to finally resolve this UPS Error in Big Sur!
Can you post your EFI? I'd be happy to check it out.

Can you post your EFI? I'd be happy to check it out.
Hi, please find my EFI as requested. I have removed my Serial Numbers etc.

I much appreciate you taking a look as CommanderProFix.kext is definitely not loading and I am still stuck with the UPS error in Big Sur.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 21.36.37.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 21.36.37.png
    127.4 KB · Views: 66
it works for me. i just added the kext file to EFI folder with EFI Mounter v3.1, then opened config.plist with opencore. just uncheck the kext file and checked it again. save and boom. no more messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back