Contribute
Register

[Solved] Cant install MultiBeast 10.2 Update on my system what wrong?need help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what did use to mounting your efi?could i just reinstall the Multibeast 10.2 if i mount the efi?
As suggested by blitzjunge use EFI Mounter V3 to mount EFI partitions on Desktop:

Before everything: If you have not already done , do the following:
  • Click Finder > Preferences> click and [√] all 4 boxes there. This will get all disk icons displayed on your Desktop Right Side.
  • Launch Terminal
  • Run the command:
diskutil list

• This will list both your SSD with its disk0 and disk1 ( you should ignore the Synthesized disk 1partitions for the troubleshoot) and your High Sierra UEFI USB Installer as 3 disk.
  • Pay attention to the last Column "IDENTIFIER" and locate disk numbers
    • disk0s1 is your SSD's EFI
    • Note also the Disk IDENTIFIER of your USB installer's EFI and its disk
  • Launch EFI Mounter V3
  • Mount your EFI partition from your SSD ->dsik0s1. [See image]
    • EFI will be on Desktop as a Grey icon similar to SATA Disk icon
  • Click it open to see its EFI Folder.
  • Right click that EFI folder and Send to Trash
  • Next similarly Mount the EFI of your High Sierra UEFI USB installer using mount EFI v3.
    • It will be a White EFI icon on desktop
  • Click open white EFI partition to find EFI folder.
  • Copy that EFI Folder from your HighSierra UEFI USB Installer
  • Go and paste it inside the Grey EFI partition of the SSD.
  • Reboot and F12>Select SSD
  • See all icons on CBM
  • Boot SSD this time in VERBOSE mode again
  • see if you can reach desktop after signing in
  • Then Eject USB installer

Attachments

• Efi mounting .png
    Efi mounting .png
    78.5 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Can't mount efi disk0s1 I got this error?:mad::banghead:
Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.21.02 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.21.45 AM.png

As suggested by blitzjunge use EFI Mounter V3 to mount EFI partitions on Desktop:

Before everything: If you have not already done , do the following:
  • Click Finder > Preferences> click and [√] all 4 boxes there. This will get all disk icons displayed on your Desktop Right Side.
  • Launch Terminal
  • Run the command:
diskutil list

• This will list both your SSD with its disk0 and disk1 ( you should ignore the Synthesized disk 1partitions for the troubleshoot) and your High Sierra UEFI USB Installer as 3 disk.
  • Pay attention to the last Column "IDENTIFIER" and locate disk numbers
    • disk0s1 is your SSD's EFI
    • Note also the Disk IDENTIFIER of your USB installer's EFI and its disk
  • Launch EFI Mounter V3
  • Mount your EFI partition from your SSD ->dsik0s1. [See image]
    • EFI will be on Desktop as a Grey icon similar to SATA Disk icon
  • Click it open to see its EFI Folder.
  • Right click that EFI folder and Send to Trash
  • Next similarly Mount the EFI of your High Sierra UEFI USB installer using mount EFI v3.
    • It will be a White EFI icon on desktop
  • Click open white EFI partition to find EFI folder.
  • Copy that EFI Folder from your HighSierra UEFI USB Installer
  • Go and paste it inside the Grey EFI partition of the SSD.
  • Reboot and F12>Select SSD
  • See all icons on CBM
  • Boot SSD this time in VERBOSE mode again
  • see if you can reach desktop after signing in
  • Then Eject USB installer
Can't mount efi disk0s1 I got this error?do I need reinstalled again?ill be working later.so prolly wouldn't reply till tonight.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.21.02 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.21.45 AM.png

Can't mount efi disk0s1 I got this error?

View attachment 300698 View attachment 300697
  • Run the diskutil list command on the Terminal
  • Capture that terminal screen and upload that image of Terminal screen output [ See as examples of screen shots the 2 disuktil list command output. # 1 is without any annotation # 2 is showing annotations .]
    • My SSD is LiteON 250 GB with High Sierra 10.13.2 in APFS
    • My High Sierra UEFI USB Installer is created in 32GB ADATA 3.0 USB Flash disk

Attachments

• 1.DU List cmd.png
    1.DU List cmd.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 2.DU list disk SSD in APFS and HS USB Installer.png
    2.DU list disk SSD in APFS and HS USB Installer.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Run the diskutil list command on the Terminal
  • Capture that terminal screen and upload that image of Terminal screen output [ See as examples of screen shots the 2 disuktil list command output. # 1 is without any annotation # 2 is showing annotations .]
    • My SSD is LiteON 250 GB with High Sierra 10.13.2 in APFS
    • My High Sierra UEFI USB Installer is created in 32GB ADATA 3.0 USB Flash disk
here you go sir.Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.44.16 AM.png ill be working ryt now till tonight east coast time.would not reply till tonight prolly.sorry inconvenience but would love a help from this forum .

here you go sir.View attachment 300710 ill be working ryt now till tonight east coast time.would not reply till tonight prolly.sorry inconvenience but would love a help from this forum .
  • Copy the blue "EFI FOLDER" present inside the White EFI partition and paste it on the Grey EFI partition of the SSD .
  • Your current SSD has an EFI partition created while it was originally partitioned and formatted with Disk Utility before High Sierra Installation.But inside that EFI partition, there is no EFI folder because you have not installed Clover EFI from Multibeast or Direct Installation of standalone EFI boot loader from Sourceforge.Net.
  • Therefore, the step for you is to copy the EFI folder from USB installer and Paste it on the grey colored EFI Partition of your SSD mounted on the Desktop.
  • To confirm success of the above procedure, you can later click open the grey EFI and you should see the blue EFI folder and if you click that open the CLOVER and the entire Folder-File Structure including config.plist.
  • Just to keep up with you and get ready for any troubleshoot related to CLOVER, you may upload that CLOVER as a compressed file to the Forum.
  • Then you can proceed with Reboot >F12>Select UEFI SSD (not UEFI USB Installer this time) >CBM
  • CBM>SSD >Boot> Login >Desktop

Attachments

• DU cmd xenonxen.png
    DU cmd xenonxen.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 128
@cmn699's steps are very clear.

Another way to mount EFI (the way I did it):
@xenonxen, in your post #12 second picture: This is the EFI Mounter Script.
Try the following (it worked for me):
1. Change the line property mountName: "EFI" to property mountName: "EPS/EFI"
2. In the top button bar of the script editor, click the third button from left ("run")

Then you EFI should be mounted (hopefully)

@cmn699's steps are very clear.

Another way to mount EFI (the way I did it):
@xenonxen, in your post #12 second picture: This is the EFI Mounter Script.
Try the following (it worked for me):
1. Change the line property mountName: "EFI" to property mountName: "EPS/EFI"
2. In the top button bar of the script editor, click the third button from left ("run")

Then you EFI should be mounted (hopefully)
could you attach a picture how to force mount disk0s1

could you attach a picture how to force mount disk0s1

• In this computer I have an SSD and a USB Installer disk Only.
  • The SSD has HS 10.13.2 installed already and it has already got Clover installed on its EFI partition.
  • The USB Installer is with HS 10.13.2 is just inserted
  • When I run EFI Mounter V3 and type my L Password it will show 2 EFIs as shown on the uploaded image.
    • disk0s1 is EFI of my SSD with HS 10.13.2
    • disk3s1 is EFI of my HS UEFI USB Installer of 10.13.2
  • I want you to upload the image you get from your EFI Mounter output after you type your password.
  • That way I can tell you what to do since your SSD has an EFI partition but no EFI folder created as seen in your previous DU list command.
Edited to add:
After launching EFI Mounter V3 and signing my password:
  • To Mount the EfI partition of my SSD , I just click disk0s1 and then click OK > Grey EFI will be on Desktop
  • Then I launch EFI Mounter again and this time I select disk3s1 and then click OK > the White EFI of my USB Installer will be placed on the desktop
  • I can then open my White EFI by dbl -click and then copy its blue EFI folder
  • Next I db click the Grey EFI to open it and in my case find the Blue EFI inside and delete that and paste the previously copied EFI from USB there .
  • In your case you won't find any blue EFI inside your Grey EFI mounted on desktop .
  • Therefore, you have no need to delete any .
  • You can just paste the EFI folder copied from your USB installer.

Attachments

• EFI V3 mounter .png
    EFI V3 mounter .png
    21.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
  • In this computer I have an SSD and a USB Installer disk Only.
  • The SSD has HS 10.13.2 installed already and it has already got Clover installed on its EFI partition.
  • The USB Installer is with HS 10.13.2 is just inserted
  • When I run EFI Mounter V3 and type my L Password it will show 2 EFIs as shown on the uploaded image.
    • disk0s1 is EFI of my SSD with HS 10.13.2
    • disk3s1 is EFI of my HS UEFI USB Installer of 10.13.2
  • I want you to upload the image you get from your EFI Mounter output after you type your password.
  • That way I can tell you what to do since your SSD has an EFI partition but no EFI folder created as seen in your previous DU list command.
Edited to add:
After launching EFI Mounter V3 and signing my password:
  • To Mount the EfI partition of my SSD , I just click disk0s1 and then click OK > Grey EFI will be on Desktop
  • Then I launch EFI Mounter again and this time I select disk3s1 and then click OK > the White EFI of my USB Installer will be placed on the desktop
  • I can then open my White EFI by dbl -click and then copy its blue EFI folder
  • Next I db click the Grey EFI to open it and in my case find the Blue EFI inside and delete that and paste the previously copied EFI from USB there .
  • In your case you won't find any blue EFI inside your Grey EFI mounted on desktop .
  • Therefore, you have no need to delete any .
  • You can just paste the EFI folder copied from your USB installer.
I got this error mounting the efi disk0s1 what should I do?thats my ssd.but I could mount the disk2s1 on my deskstop.:banghead::banghead::mad:.should I redo again?
Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 8.12.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-19 at 8.12.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-19 at 8.12.50 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back