Contribute
Register

[Solved] Can't Install High Sierra No Matter What I do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh No!
I hope you have first disconnected your SATA hard drives from the MoBo to test its effect on the ability to access BIOS and only after that did not resolve the issue you went on to test the effect of other on- board devices removed one at a time to finally check the PSU before concluding the MoBo being dead.

In one of my cases of "Power On>Glimpse of Splash screen_Shut down cycle", a Hard disk was finally proven to be the culprit. When I disconnected it , the motherboard BIOS rose up like Lazarus :)

For a set of motherboards I had success with triple boot with MacOS HS 10.13.4, check this out:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...fully-install-macos-high-sierra-10-13.233619/
It turned out that I did not need a new motherboard. I just needed a new power supply. @cmn699, I want to thank you so much for your help, on this my first attempt at a hackintosh. Your help took me in new directions, and put my research into perspective. Everything except USB 3.0 and Ethernet seems to be working. The Wifi card (TP-Link Archer T9E 802.11AC AC1900) I installed is working though, so I can get by without ethernet. However, no matter what I try, I can't get those USB 3.0 ports to work. Through research I found out that I have what is known as a NEC/Renesas chipset for my USB on this motherboard (gigabyte X99 UD4 Rev 1.0) As a s result they are very incompatible, and there is almost no resolve in getting these to work. I'm gonna try a PCIE card with thunderbolt 3, I'm hoping this will be a good workaround. I am attaching the materials that made my build work in case you would like to see, and perhaps there is someone out there that this may be helpful for.

Attachments

• 10.13.zip
    347.6 KB · Views: 39
  • config.plist.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 52
  • drivers64UEFI.zip
    360.1 KB · Views: 42
Hello everyone! I'm having the exact same issue as @Fabian510 . "End randomseed.." with a lot of plus signs and then nothing. Sometimes I even get "Could't allocate runtime area". Does anyone know the way around this?

I'm using:

MOBO: GIGABYTE X99 ULTRA-GAMING
CPU: INTEL 6850K
GPU: NVIDIA 1060 3GB

Already tried with Clover and Unibeast. Nothing is working and I can't get into the installer. Need help!
@nifranza please check the attachments out, I hope that they can shed some light on your build. Don't give up! I kept trying till I got the thing to finally work. I'm just working bugs out at the moment.

Attachments

• 10.13.zip
    347.6 KB · Views: 52
  • config.plist.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 52
  • drivers64UEFI.zip
    360.1 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back