UHD 620
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi - thanks in advance for any assistance. I updated my corei5 system using the multibeast 9.1 and now I cannot get past the apple logo boot screen. I booted in verbose and have attached a screenshot of where it hangs.

Attachments

• IMG_5027.JPG
    IMG_5027.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 123
I booted in verbose and have attached a screenshot of where it hangs.
Your image shows an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings.

Your image shows an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings.
Thanks Pilgrim. I disabled the serial port, but it is still hanging, but now at a different location. Attached is the screenshot of the verbose boot.

Attachments

• IMG_5028.JPG
    IMG_5028.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 84
Thanks Pilgrim. I disabled the serial port, but it is still hanging, but now at a different location. Attached is the screenshot of the verbose boot.
Try safe mode.

Done - still no joy unfortunately. Here is a new screenshot booting in safe mode.
Are you able to boot from your USB installer ?

Yes - it boots just fine. I actually copied over the config.plist from it to my EFI/Clover install since my original was not working.
Replace the /EFI folder on your EFI partition with the one from your USB flash drive.

Replace the /EFI folder on your EFI partition with the one from your USB flash drive.
Wow - I did not know I could replace the entire folder. I will let you know in a few minutes how that works out (pretty sure it will be the fix I need).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back