Contribute
Register

[Solved] Can’t get back in after attempting to install Sonoma from Monterey

Update.

Took the advice from @RehabMan and got into Open Core. After 6,5hrs straight following the guide and carefully picking the right choices along the way I see light!

There are som remnants of Clover from the target SSD but somehow OC managed to override it. Seeing some corrupted text and a clover logo.

But holding spacebare and quickly picking the right option it somehow took me out of darkness to a recovery mode and could proceed to install on target drive.

First time I didnt pay attention to the restart so had to redo it and then choose macOS installer on the OC menu.

Attachments

• IMG_4136.jpeg
    IMG_4136.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4137.jpeg
    IMG_4137.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4138.jpeg
    IMG_4138.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
And tadaaa! With some noise from Clover on the way it took me all the way after a few restarts i missed that took it into the wrong boot.

Now i gotta find out why i cant log into iCloud. But this along with wifi and other issues i wil figure out from the troubleshooting pages.

Thank you for all the help @RehabMan and @pilgrim

Attachments

• IMG_4139.jpeg
    IMG_4139.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
And tadaaa! With some noise from Clover on the way it took me all the way after a few restarts i missed that took it into the wrong boot.

Now i gotta find out why i cant log into iCloud. But this along with wifi and other issues i wil figure out from the troubleshooting pages.

Thank you for all the help @RehabMan and @pilgrim
well done

Im sorry i mean thank you @Feartech!!!
Don't know why I mixed with rehabman, probably from having hundreds of tabs and forums with his name open and close the last two days and nights ^^
Shame Rehabman isn't around any more

now could be a good time to backup your working EFI on a USB stick for emergencies :)

Back