Register

[Solved] Can’t get back in after attempting to install Sonoma from Monterey

Motherboard
GA-Z270-HD3P
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 570
I updated the recommended kexts and followed the built in procedure but can no longer get further in the installation process nor back in to the normal state. I have 3 options in Clover menu: Install, normal startup and recovery mode.

Adding a screenshot of where installation stalls in verbose mode.

It had been a while and I was unsure if I should have installed Ventura first. I also can’t find my Monterey USB bootloader :/

I’m sorry for the poor amount of information but maybe the screenshot can give a hint. Seems like it can’t detect any kexts? Inassumed you no longer needed a bootloader USB or have a failed completely there?

Attachments

• IMG_4108.jpeg
    IMG_4108.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
I updated the recommended kexts and followed the built in procedure but can no longer get further in the installation process nor back in to the normal state. I have 3 options in Clover menu: Install, normal startup and recovery mode.

Adding a screenshot of where installation stalls in verbose mode.

It had been a while and I was unsure if I should have installed Ventura first. I also can’t find my Monterey USB bootloader :/

I’m sorry for the poor amount of information but maybe the screenshot can give a hint. Seems like it can’t detect any kexts? Inassumed you no longer needed a bootloader USB or have a failed completely there?
seem to have 2 versions of your brcm kexts somewhere?

you will have to dig out your working usb installer to get back to macOS and sort out your EFI

Yes. I used Clover Configurators own update tool.
and did you then add in all the new required opencore elements into your config.plist?

and did you then add in all the new required opencore elements into your config.plist?
I only mounted the EFI partition om my drive and moved all the new kexts to the «other» folder assuming it would detect it on restart. Should i have updated the config list in Clover first?

Attatched are the brcm kexts i added:

Attachments

• IMG_4111.jpeg
    IMG_4111.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4110.png
    IMG_4110.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
I only mounted the EFI partition om my drive and moved all the new kexts to the «other» folder assuming it would detect it on restart. Should i have updated the config list in Clover first?

Attatched are the brcm kexts i added:
too many brcm kexts in there, you need to read the documentation before you start copying kexts and updating bootloaders

too many brcm kexts in there, you need to read the documentation before you start copying kexts and updating bootloaders
You right. Was too hasty after the last time it went so effortless. Thank you for your feedback. I assume there is no way to block them at this point not even by typing wich ones to block?

Back