Contribute
Register

[Solved] Can't do an Update Direct and can't do a clean install of High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
How? I'm running MultiBeast on the hard drive, in the OS. It doesn't give an option for which drive to install it too.

Update: I am wrong, it does have a "select install drive". But I have been selecting the right drive. And MutliBeast is still giving an error.

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 8.10.52 PM.png

This is what I know.

High Sierra is running on my hard drive called "Hackintosh".

I was able to install Clover via MultiBeast one time. EFI Mount seems to be unable to mount the correct drive. And now MultiBeast fails to install.

I can not turn on NVIDIA web driver.

I can not boot High Sierra from Clover, I can only boot it from the UniBeast USB, but High Sierra is still running off of the hard drive called Hackintosh.

When I try to boot High Sierra on Hackintosh from Clover it hangs on the progress bar, same thing I saw when trying to do a direct install.

I tried to Update Directly, that failed, it would get hung up on a black screen with Apple Logo with progress bar filled 50%.
I erased all disks, and did a new install, but this too is having issues.

Last edited:
I erased the disk and performed another install via UniBeast USB. Install completed. I ran MultiBeast and installed on the same hard drive that High Sierra is installed. EFI Mount did find the EFI/Clover file. I installed the NVIDIA web driver. I can not turn it on. And I can not boot High Sierra via clover, only via the UniBeast USB. Can someone please help me. What am I doing wrong?

I unplug my GPU. I unplugged all hard drives except the one I'm installing on. I erased this drive. I performed an install via UniBeast USB, that worked. I used MultiBeast, that worked. But I still can not boot up via Clover Boot Manager. I still can not turn on the NVIDIA driver. In Clover Boot Manager There still is a can icon with no OS icon that says "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra" Where is this Clover coming from? Why can't I completely start over? I can only boot into High Sierra from the UniBeast USB, and I can't turn on the NVIDIA driver, so my computer is really not useable. I think I messed everything up by trying to do an "Update Direct". I have no idea what to do. Please please please please help.

Installing/updating High Sierra requires a few reboots. During these reboots, they will boot from a volume named install High Sierra or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back