Contribute
Register

[Solved] Can't Boot with Clover, Not Sure if bios is Corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte z97x-ud7 th
CPU
intel i7 4790k
Graphics
gtx 1070
Hey all. I was trying out a new monitor I bought and accidentally didn't change a setting in the graphics section of the bios that needed to changed causing my pc to sort of bootloop.

I reset the cmos and redid all the settings to make them the same as before the loop but I can't get into osx with clover anymore.

If I don't take any action when the pc starts, it gets to a black screen. If I press any key on the black screen, I get to the clover uefi. It appears to work as it should. However, when I start osx with verbose mode, clover gives me an error relating to OsxAptioFixdrv, attached. If I exit clover then press any key, I can get into darwin and boot osx from there. Things aren't... optimal here. The smbios is very wrong and doesn't have any of the correct information.

My bios will not display my boot options correctly. It seems to change every time, often containing glitched out names. Sometimes it will display 12 different boot options all with the same names as my default boot devices. An example is also attached. Sometimes I'll get more than one of those garbled lines.

I'm not really sure where to go from here. Upgrading clover didn't work. I can boot into windows. I can edit config.plist just fine. backup config is also fine.

Any help is appreciated. Sorry for the long post. Specs should be in my signature and my profile.
IMG_20170628_174638.jpg IMG_20170628_190641-1.jpg

btw sorry if this is in the wrong forum. feel free to move if needed

Last edited:
Hey all. I was trying out a new monitor I bought and accidentally didn't change a setting in the graphics section of the bios that needed to changed causing my pc to sort of bootloop.

I reset the cmos and redid all the settings to make them the same as before the loop but I can't get into osx with clover anymore.

If I don't take any action when the pc starts, it gets to a black screen. If I press any key on the black screen, I get to the clover uefi. It appears to work as it should. However, when I start osx with verbose mode, clover gives me an error relating to OsxAptioFixdrv, attached. If I exit clover then press any key, I can get into darwin and boot osx from there. Things aren't... optimal here. The smbios is very wrong and doesn't have any of the correct information.

My bios will not display my boot options correctly. It seems to change every time, often containing glitched out names. Sometimes it will display 12 different boot options all with the same names as my default boot devices. An example is also attached. Sometimes I'll get more than one of those garbled lines.

I'm not really sure where to go from here. Upgrading clover didn't work. I can boot into windows. I can edit config.plist just fine. backup config is also fine.

Any help is appreciated. Sorry for the long post. Specs should be in my signature and my profile.
View attachment 263774 View attachment 263771

btw sorry if this is in the wrong forum. feel free to move if needed

Is CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67? Attach config.plist.

I will check that. In the meantime, I'll attach config.plist

edit: no, it's 0x3. It's been like that for about a year now.

edit2: searched forums with csractiveconfig. Tried changing it to 0x67 but now I can't access clover before booting at all.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
I will check that. In the meantime, I'll attach config.plist

edit: no, it's 0x3. It's been like that for about a year now.

edit2: searched forums with csractiveconfig. Tried changing it to 0x67 but now I can't access clover before booting at all.

Config shows CsrActiveConfig set to 0x3. Should be 0x67. Change CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 try booting.

Hello everyone. It seems that when I cleared my cmos, reset the bios, I had somehow caused it to corrupt and not be able to do various things involving efi partitions. I flashed a newer firmware for my motherboard and that fixed things.

I'm not planning on upgrading from yosemite 10.10 for a while, so I don't see why CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67. I have tried to research this, but haven't found much.

I hope this can help anyone else in a similar situation, but I doubt there'll be any running into the exact same specifics as I did.

I'm not planning on upgrading from yosemite 10.10 for a while, so I don't see why CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67. I have tried to research this, but haven't found much.
That setting is only required when you are using unsigned kext files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back