Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Can't boot into Mac OS after updating to 10.13.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! That got the command to run. Now do I just type "exit" and try and boot again?
I am sorry I did not know what you were trying to accomplish. I saw you were stuck and wanted hep to pass the current predicament.

All I have given is a command to enable you "Write Permission by the mounted file by the command mount -uw which basically means change the current permission from "read only" to "Write" also to enable you to execute your "touch" command.

To understand your whole situation, I got to read your entire post from the beginning.
Let me see if I can help by going through your posts.

Thanks! That got the command to run. Now I've restarted but I'm still getting the gIOScreenLockState 3 error.

Now I've restarted but I'm still getting the gIOScreenLockState 3 error.
For me to diagnose this one line error without the benefit of what was prior to that, I need to check the CLOVER folder from the disk this is trying to boot.

All I can say with some guess work ( which I should not really do) is some problem with Graphics Card is probably occurring and Clover is struggling to find a way out but cannot and hence hanging !

If I can see inside your Clover Folders structure (especially /kexts/Other and drivers64UEFI) and the config.plist which instructs how to use the various contents of CLOVER and give appropriate 'green signals" with its "boot flags" for the booting disk to cruise towards its destination screen,) may be, I could help.

For me to diagnose this one line error without the benefit of what was prior to that, I need to check the CLOVER folder from the disk this is trying to boot.

All I can say with some guess work ( which I should not really do) is some problem with Graphics Card is probably occurring and Clover is struggling to find a way out but cannot and hence hanging !

If I can see inside your Clover Folders structure (especially /kexts/Other and drivers64UEFI) and the config.plist which instructs how to use the various contents of CLOVER and give appropriate 'green signals" with its "boot flags" for the booting disk to cruise towards its destination screen,) may be, I could help.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I've attached my clover folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
Thank you, I appreciate it. I've attached my clover folder.
  • See attached uploaded edited screen shots from your config.plsit viewed using Clover Configurator Vibrant.
  • Note my annotation.
  • If you are using Nvidia Video after installing Nvidia Webdrivers , do this now:
From CLOVER BOOT MANAGER SCREEN (CBM screen) go to Options> Graphics Injector and un [√] Inject Intel and then boot and see.
Use verbose mode booting until you can get a flawless System boot.
Good luck

Attachments

• Config.plist_Graphics_System Parameters .png
    Config.plist_Graphics_System Parameters .png
    253.5 KB · Views: 73
  • See attached uploaded edited screen shots from your config.plsit viewed using Clover Configurator Vibrant.
  • Note my annotation.
  • If you are using Nvidia Video after installing Nvidia Webdrivers , do this now:
From CLOVER BOOT MANAGER SCREEN (CBM screen) go to Options> Graphics Injector and un [√] Inject Intel and then boot and see.
Use verbose mode booting until you can get a flawless System boot.
Good luck

I've made the changes you've suggested (thank's so much). I'm now in a boot loop. The code disappears off screen in verbose mode faster than I can read it but I managed to catch a screenshot. It's attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 5.02.58 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 5.02.58 PM.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 64
I've made the changes you've suggested (thank's so much). I'm now in a boot loop. The code disappears off screen in verbose mode faster than I can read it but I managed to catch a screenshot. It's attached.

There seems to be some problem with a BroadcomBluetoothHostController.
Do you have a BroadcomBluetooth USB device?

Attachments

• BroadCom BluetoothHostController  .png
    BroadCom BluetoothHostController .png
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
Yes I do. I have a I removed it and tried booting and nothing changed.
This is the one I have https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDLG51U/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
I am not familiar with that card. Do you know if it has support in macOS 10.13. + ?
i have to do research to be of any help to you my friend. I am at the end of the road as far as this device is concerned. If you had asked me about TP-Link Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter (TL-WDN4800), i know it works OOB in macOS 10.13.1

By the way. I've been working with a fresh install on a new SSD. That's up and running like normal now. Should I just use migration assistant and copy over everything from my original SSD?
If you have a Disk that works Clone it . I have an illustrated post on Clonzilla cloning in Sierra Desktop of this Forum if you want to know HowTo. I can't recall the link right now. I will post if I can find it fast editing this post

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-its-acting-very-strange.208298/#post-1379217

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back