Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

After updating to 10.13.1 today I can no longer boot into the OS. The bar gets a little more than half way and the computer restarts.

After fiddling with this all day, I purchased another SSD and tried doing a fresh install using Unibeast from a USB drive. No luck. I either get the "prohibited sign" or the spinning wheel appears over the bar and freezes.

Build:
Gigabyte Z170X-UD3
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB SSC
Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB
32GB Ballistix Sport LT RAM
1TB Raid
6TB HDD

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 4.15.05 PM.png
    25.6 MB · Views: 213
When trying to do a fresh install this is what I'm getting.

Attachments

• IMG_1067.JPG
    IMG_1067.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 295
One suggestion is to review the clover EFI you're booting from and look in acpi/patched and see if there's anything in there, and consider at least temporarily removing anything in there. My understanding is most of those fixes are post-install fixes and are typically not required to install or get to the desktop the first time. While you're in there have you added apfs.efi to driversUEFI64, and have you added anything else? What's in kexts/other (or kexts/10.13)? You really just want FakeSMC.kext and your ethernet kext in there _for now_. Review your config, and if it's not the vanilla config installed by clover, consider disabling or removing anything related to sound or anything you didn't specifically add and understand what it's fixing.

Then its back to simplifying your rig, reviewing your BIOS settings, temporarily removing other drives, (what is a 1TB RAID? you mean like a 1TB WD RED?), temporarily disabling discrete GPU, etc. The goal is to get to the desktop with basic USB function and then systematically fix issues like graphics, sound, wifi, power management, etc.

One suggestion is to review the clover EFI you're booting from and look in acpi/patched and see if there's anything in there, and consider at least temporarily removing anything in there. My understanding is most of those fixes are post-install fixes and are typically not required to install or get to the desktop the first time. While you're in there have you added apfs.efi to driversUEFI64, and have you added anything else? What's in kexts/other (or kexts/10.13)? You really just want FakeSMC.kext and your ethernet kext in there _for now_. Review your config, and if it's not the vanilla config installed by clover, consider disabling or removing anything related to sound or anything you didn't specifically add and understand what it's fixing.

Then its back to simplifying your rig, reviewing your BIOS settings, temporarily removing other drives, (what is a 1TB RAID? you mean like a 1TB WD RED?), temporarily disabling discrete GPU, etc. The goal is to get to the desktop with basic USB function and then systematically fix issues like graphics, sound, wifi, power management, etc.

I've done a fresh install from Unibeast to a USB. I'll try that right now on a fresh SSD
I went through and got rid of all unneeded kexts on my original drive and tried booting to it again. I've attached an image of where it gets hung up. Thank's so much for you help.

(1TB RAID meaning I've made a raid 0 from two 500gb drives)

Attachments

• IMG_1068.JPG
    IMG_1068.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 198
AFAIK GioScreenLockState is an issue with kextcache. If you can get to a terminal prompt either in single user mode (-s) or via the recovery partition, rebuild it manually.

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Make sure csrActiveConfig is 0x67 or 0x3FF in config.plist. Clover may have a way on it's boot screen to force a kext cache rebuild.

AFAIK GioScreenLockState is an issue with kextcache. If you can get to a terminal prompt either in single user mode (-s) or via the recovery partition, rebuild it manually.

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Make sure csrActiveConfig is 0x67 or 0x3FF in config.plist. Clover may have a way on it's boot screen to force a kext cache rebuild.

I was able to get into the recovery partition and into terminal. It's telling me command not found. Made sure I was typing it in exactly how you had it.

EDIT: In the mean time, I was able to get a fresh install running from a USB to a new SSD. I'm letting that install now. If there is anyway to save my original SSD though, I would be extremely grateful.

EDIT: I am able to connect my original SSD to my other computer and reach the EFI and all other files that way, if that helps.

Last edited:
I ran the command in single user mode and got back "touch: /System/Library/Extensions: Read-only file system". Any ideas?

Try typing the following commands, before you try to edit to get Permission to edit:

fsck -fy # file system check" and it is used to check and optionally repair any corrupt file
mount -uw # to give you a root privilege to read and write

Now try your "touch" command:

Try typing the following commands, before you try to edit to get Permission to edit:

fsck -fy # file system check" and it is used to check and optionally repair any corrupt file
mount -uw # to give you a root privilege to read and write

Now try your "touch" command:

Thanks! That got the command to run. Now I've restarted but I'm still getting the gIOScreenLockState 3 error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back