Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

First of all thanks to tonymac for everything in this awesome blog ^_^

Now to the problem. I'm trying to follow the UniBeast: Install Mac OS X Lion Using an All-In-One Bootable USB Drive tutorial.

Everything goes allright until i reach the step 3.4 I cannot see the Installer. I only see the grey apple loading screen, this was about an hour, and it doesn't change yet... Is this ok? Or something is wrong?

The motherboard is an Gigabyte GA-945P-S3, with a Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 2 GB RAM, and the graphics card is an nvidia 9500 GT.

Thanks in advance, and happy new year to everyone!

Re: Cannot reach the Installer running UniBeast

Try "-v npci=0x2000" at the begining of the boot screen.
Let us know where it stops.

Ok, i'll try, thx.

Something went wrong.

I have stopped the install process by rebooting, but now the chimera doesn't starts. I think i'll have to make all the process again (Format the usb key, use the unibeast etc...), but now i don't have any mac os here (it was a clean installation, and i used a friend's mac to create the usb)...

I'll try another day :(

Thx anyway

You have to make sure all of the Bios settings are correct.
I just did a UniBeast install on a 775 board a couple of days ago with 2GB of ram and a 7800GT GPU and I had no issues.

I saw the iBoot + Multibeast article where the are the BIOS settings, and in my BIOS config I don't have the options to change SATA to AHCI mode, and set HPET to 64-bit mode. I only could load the optimized default settings.

dem3trio said:
I saw the iBoot + Multibeast article where the are the BIOS settings, and in my BIOS config I don't have the options to change SATA to AHCI mode, and set HPET to 64-bit mode. I only could load the optimized default settings.
Lion will not load in IDE mode and you need to figure out how to set it up as ACHI mode, mine had that option and it's a pretty old board.

this is my board GA-965P-DQ6
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813128323

Check you Motherboard manufacture's manual....
If M?B has SATA ports, its 75% sure to have that option...
If they they have BIOS updates, go ahead and update to the latest version...
Most of modern BIOS do support AHCI mode now......

I have updated to the last version of the BIOS... but nothing changes, it doesn't have support for AHCI. I'm searching now for a new motherboard for socket 775 with that support. I suposse that the Gigabyte with socket 775 in the DSDT database have already AHCI.

regards.

Have you tried changing the On Board SATA Mode to Enhanced in the BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back