Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion 15-N012tx
CPU
i5-4200U/HM86
Graphics
HD 4400 / GT 740m (1366 x 768)
Hello, I have been using Mojave for past 1 month successfully without any problem ( Installed using guides found in this forum) . As usual, I did a restart of the system and suddenly Mac partition is missing from Clover. I could see windows partition as such. Booted into windows and Mac partition is there unaffected.

Used my Mojave boot usb I created previously and usb's clover also can't see the partition.

But when I used disk utility of installer, partition is found and I ran first aid on Mac partition and gave result success.

But still after restart, clover is not seeing Mac partition. I didn't touch anything related to system before restart and was just using python program.
I have attached my Clover preboot log (Partition 14 is my MAC Partition)

Attachments

• preboot.txt
    19.5 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
EDIT: A week ago, I split a windows partition into two. Therefore Mac partition entry went from 13 to 14. After this I did restarted several times and didn't get any issue anyway.
Preboot log looks like clover is trying to access something from 13th partition whereas Mac is 14th partition now. Please help.

Have you tried resetting NVRAM? Press F11 at Clover boot menu.

I did. No luck. Still same issue. Any other ideas??

I did. No luck. Still same issue. Any other ideas??
In recovery/installer, maybe try something along these lines
Code:
diskutil apfs list
Find the APFS volume that isn't booting e.g.
| +-> Volume disk2s1 2478A70A-A7FC-3136-9580-2978F828906E
| | ---------------------------------------------------
| | APFS Volume Disk (Role): disk2s1 (No specific role)
| | Name: Macintosh HD (Case-insensitive)
| | Mount Point: /Volumes/Macintosh HD
Run on the APFS volume e.g.
Code:
diskutil apfs updatepreboot disk2s1
or
Code:
diskutil apfs updatepreboot 2478A70A-A7FC-3136-9580-2978F828906E
Run on CoreServices folder on that volume e.g.
Code:
bless --folder /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/CoreServices

Last edited:
Nope. Still same result.

I did exactly as u said and no error is thrown for the commands.
Still Clover couldn't see Mac Volume. Kindly help to proceed further.

Update: I removed the extra partition I added and partition structure is as before.

I ran the commands as u said. Issue still exists. Generated the Preboot log and it produces old log which I already shared. Time stamp is same as I shared afternoon. Clover is not producing new log or something is happening which I couldn't understand . Please help.

Still Clover couldn't see Mac Volume. Kindly help to proceed further.
Looking at the preboot.log from earlier, APFS driver loader loads, shows 'APFS driver loaded' but no APFS volumes are shown in Clover's volume scan, or anywhere else in the log (only the startup disk device path from NVRAM).

Replacing ApfsDriverLoader.efi with Apple's APFS.EFI shouldn't make a difference, but you might want to try that.

I have shared a shot of diskutil list command. Mac Installer is able to detect apfs volume.
IMG_20181215_190341.jpg

Thank you so Much. Replacing with Apfs.efi solved the problem

Thank you. I think some bug exists with existing ApfsLoader driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back