Contribute
Register

Solved Blank Screen after Transcript Offline on IntelHD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I got my HD3000 in the HP ProBook 1600*900 working with the DSDT fix. Thanks.
Now I wanted to use another Display which is connected through VGA.

When the Display (Samsung 23" FullHD) is connected I just get the grey/blue screen during startup and nothing happens afterwards.

Is there any way to fix that to use both Displays at once?

Thanks

VGA, probably won't work without editing connector info.

But first of all, try using MacbookPro8,1 smbios.plist.

Hi,

I've the MacbookPro8,1 definition and I switched to DVI and now I've both Displays working great. But the DVI is only reachable through the HP DockingStation so it would be also nice to use the VGA port.

Do you know how I've to modify the connector info? I've the stock kexts.

The DisplayPort I could not test because I've no device for it.

Thanks Stephan

pauldmps said:
@rocky.gio

1. Check "Extensions" in system profiler to see if "AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext" & "AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext" are both loaded.

2. Check that if you get "SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload" message when booting with -v (verbose).

Also I need to know the DeviceID of your HD3000.

@lightmanrt

I analyzed you DSDT. It is hell a lot buggy. The stock DSDT gives 13warnings - not good. Also most of the warnings are "statement unreachable" which according to me is causing problems when code is added there.

Also your GFX0 has no info which should be present there. And both IGP & PEGP are missing. Very weird.

First of all, check if there is any BIOS update available for your laptop. If yes, update your BIOS & extract a fresh DSDT.

I'm not sure that your IntelHD is under "GFX0", it could as well be under "IGP" or something else.

Save a IOReg dump & attach it here.

I'll check later today for a bios update. Everything loads, the Intel HD3000 is correctly identified and i get full acceleration and the ability to play all video even with the 1/2 screen. HDMI works fine and built-in display works fine after I connect and disconnect the HDMI monitor. Crazy. It all messes up after sleep awake but can be restored be connecting and disconnecting hdmi.

Attachments

• Robert’s MacBook Pro.zip
    3 MB · Views: 153
@pauldmps: Both extensions are loaded, my device id is 116.

@mmvie: tried chimera 1.5, 1.5.1, 1.5.2, 1.5.3 and i always get IOGraphicsFamily not found at boot, so now i'm using Chameleon 2.1

@stephanst

I did not get to test the external ports (VGA out & HDMI out). Also they are not my priority. I do get three additional display connectors in System profiler if I use MacbookPro8,1 smbios. It disappears if I use MacbookPro8,2 or 8,3.

@lightmanrt

I seems that you've have both Duallink as well as connector info problems. I cannot help much on the latter.

For the DSDT, take some help from Mald0n at Insanelymac. He might be able to fix your buggy DSDT.

@rocky.gio
Some versions of Chameleon has this "IOGraphicsFamily" not found problem. Updating to the latest version should solve the issue.

0116 is natively supported. Also if both extensions are being loaded then you must be getting QE/CI.

How are you checking for QE/CI ? The "ripple effect" does not occur in Lion by default.

^^ I already know that.

@pauldmps and mmvie:
As I said I'm using Chameleon 2.1 (no errors) because even with the latest Chimera I get the "IOGraphicsFamily not found" error.
I already deactivated "Dashboard as a space" and I still can't see ripple effects + my menubar is not translucent.
Do you know if there's anything I can modify in the two Info.plist or in the dsdt that could affect qe/ci?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back