Contribute
Register

[solved] Black screen on boot (Clover UEFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a Mac at my disposal or will have on any time soon, would it be possible/safe to use a plist editor on windows if I find a way to open the files on the disk?

Note regarding CPU power management and SSDTs

If you're getting a panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and/or SMC_ACPI_PlatformPlugin it may be related to your OEM CPU power management related SSDTs.

Some systems may need to drop some of the OEM SSDTs. This happens most frequently with Sandy Bridge systems (but not all). There are two configurations for DropTables in the provided config.plist files. The default is minimal. The alternate is named #DropTables and is a bit more aggressive. Each configuration resides in config.plist/ACPI. You can use the alternate by renaming DropTables->##DropTables and renaming #DropTables->DropTables (in that order). Depending on how the OEM labels the tables, this may or may not work. If you still have issues, set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true. You will need to set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=true (or the individual CStates/PStates=true) to use DropOem=true or the alternate DropTables.

Always use a plist editor (such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro) to edit config.plist.

Okay I read this part I only have one "DropTables" in my config.plist (IntelHD4000 one) - I changed it to ##DropTables and nothing happened, still panicked. Then I followed the DropOEM thing and my config.plist file was already configured the way you mention it in your guide. I have the individual cases CState/PStates=true and DropOem=true

what am I missing here...?

Last edited:
I don't have a Mac at my disposal or will have on any time soon, would it be possible/safe to use a plist editor on windows if I find a way to open the files on the disk?

You will need access to a Mac or working hack in order to download macOS from the Mac App Store.

Okay I read this part I only have one "DropTables" in my config.plist (IntelHD4000 one) - I changed it to ##DropTables and nothing happened, still panicked. Then I followed the DropOEM thing and my config.plist file was already configured the way you mention it in your guide. I have the individual cases CState/PStates=true and DropOem=true

what am I missing here...?

You did it wrong.

Edit with a plist editor and you will see both DropTables and #DropTables.

I changed the config.plist to another one you have.

The intelhd4000_6series one
It works now however once the installer is done booting I just get a circle with and X and that's it

I changed the config.plist to another one you have.

The intelhd4000_6series one
It works now however once the installer is done booting I just get a circle with and X and that's it

Does your system have a 6-series chipset? It would be quite unusual.

Does your system have a 6-series chipset? It would be quite unusual.

No it doesn't, I changed it back to the regular one and the installer actually boots up now, I guess I must've selected the wrong .plist file before. However I am getting stuck at the Circle with a slash screen once it finishes loading

No it doesn't, I changed it back to the regular one and the installer actually boots up now, I guess I must've selected the wrong .plist file before. However I am getting stuck at the Circle with a slash screen once it finishes loading

Okay I've looked it up and legit every single source says it's something different... any ideas what it can be?

Okay I've looked it up and legit every single source says it's something different... any ideas what it can be?

If this question is regarding the chipset, attach output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

If this question is regarding the chipset, attach output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

No. I changed the config.plist to the none 6 chipset one. Now the problem is a blackscreen with a Circle and a stripe through it - this happens right after I click to start the installer and the apple logo show up and loads

No. I changed the config.plist to the none 6 chipset one. Now the problem is a blackscreen with a Circle and a stripe through it - this happens right after I click to start the installer and the apple logo show up and loads

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4641.JPG
    IMG_4641.JPG
    779.5 KB · Views: 319
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back