Contribute
Register

[solved] Black screen on boot (Clover UEFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG GL552JX - Clover
CPU
i5-4200H
Graphics
HD 4600 , GT 950M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm not sure what kind of info to put here so let me just start with my Windows

Windows is installed in UEFI - I had the EFI folder

I made the USB following this guide
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I used the UEFI method. I double checked everything and yes I have FakeSMC.kext I've been googling this problem and everyone says you might be missing that kext.

Basically I've tried to configure my bios in every single combination possible. CSM On - Off - Fast boot off and on vd-t thing. Everything.

If I boot from UEFI (TOSHIBA) It'll just give me a blackscreen and nothing loads. If I am in Legacy mode it does the same, and I get another option 100:TOSHIBA or something which will just tell me

Please insert media or USB drive (something like that).

I've been looking for the problem and every time I get linked to the same thread that doesn't even address this problem...on different sources I found various different answers that didn't help (such as adding a new boot option for Clover64.efi).

Anyone else had this problem? How do I get passed it and onto the Install MacOS screen?

I'm not sure what kind of info to put here so let me just start with my Windows

Windows is installed in UEFI - I had the EFI folder

I made the USB following this guide
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I used the UEFI method. I double checked everything and yes I have FakeSMC.kext I've been googling this problem and everyone says you might be missing that kext.

Basically I've tried to configure my bios in every single combination possible. CSM On - Off - Fast boot off and on vd-t thing. Everything.

If I boot from UEFI (TOSHIBA) It'll just give me a blackscreen and nothing loads. If I am in Legacy mode it does the same, and I get another option 100:TOSHIBA or something which will just tell me

Please insert media or USB drive (something like that).

I've been looking for the problem and every time I get linked to the same thread that doesn't even address this problem...on different sources I found various different answers that didn't help (such as adding a new boot option for Clover64.efi).

Anyone else had this problem? How do I get passed it and onto the Install MacOS screen?

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

How do I boot verbose?

The -v command? If so I am not able to even do so, the black screen happens as soon as I select the bootdisk on startup UEFI (TOSHIBA)

How do I boot verbose?

Basic Clover usage: It is available from the Cover menu that results when you press the space bar.

How so? I'm interested in what makes one work and the other not

You should expect Clover bugs to be introduced, then later fixed.

You should expect Clover bugs to be introduced, then later fixed.

Okay so I finally got my hands on a Mac again and managed to create the USB and it works this time, however I get a kernel panic when booting the installer...

I tried booting with the arguments -v and -x and no avail.

Basically it's saying "unable to find driver for this platform "acpi"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,541
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back