Contribute
Register

[solved] Black screen on boot (Clover UEFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to enable USB3 ports.
I've finished everything - booted into my desktop however the graphics are glitchy af.
I'm trying to multibeast it but it's nearly impossible because at some point it's almost not comprehensible at all...

If you followed the guide, HD4000 should be working.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

its impossible - I pretty much have like 5 seconds before everything goes grey and noisy. everything works fine in safemode however...its safe mode and I can't install anything.

I have two videocards I know my nvidia doesnt work with mac, maybe it's that?

I'm slowly trying to get all the files - it literally takes 4-5 restarts to see what I'm doing

As for the last command - I don't know what it's doing I press enter it takes 1 second then nothing happens, I don't know where the output file is

Attachments

• Gian’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.6 MB · Views: 136
  • EFI.rar
    2 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4646 (1).JPG
    IMG_4646 (1).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 208
Last edited:
its impossible - I pretty much have like 5 seconds before everything goes grey and noisy. everything works fine in safemode however...its safe mode and I can't install anything.

I have two videocards I know my nvidia doesnt work with mac, maybe it's that?

I'm slowly trying to get all the files - it literally takes 4-5 restarts to see what I'm doing

As for the last command - I don't know what it's doing I press enter it takes 1 second then nothing happens, I don't know where the output file is

You did not provide kextcache output.
Make sure DVMT-prealloc is set to 64mb in BIOS settings.

Okay changing it to 64mb fixed everything.

The picture was taken with snapchat otherwise I the camera app takes 5mb pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 390
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back