Contribute
Register

[solved] Asus UX310UA - installer disk util can't find the HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read power management guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting" many times,
but probably because of my poor english and my OSX ignorance, I cannot still understand if my power management is working.

running again the kext I got
CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 ]
CPU P-States [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 (23) ] iGPU P-States [ 6 18 21 24 27 30 ]

that probably means that the CPU has changed those power states, so that means that power management is working?

sorry if I insist on that, but I really cannot understand this part by reading on the power management guide

I have read power management guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting" many times,
but probably because of my poor english and my OSX ignorance, I cannot still understand if my power management is working.

running again the kext I got

that probably means that the CPU has changed those power states, so that means that power management is working?

sorry if I insist on that, but I really cannot understand this part by reading on the power management guide

Read power management guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting". Reply with the files requested.

here we go, hope it is ok.
In the meanwhile I changed SMBIOS to iMac17,1 to stop random reboots

Attachments

• Dimitri’s MacBook Air.ioreg.zip
    400 KB · Views: 68
thank you.
Now I'm trying to patch my DSDT in order to try to get the features I'm missing.

Following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
I extracted the tables from Linux,
decompiled without "refs.txt", the comments on the decompiled DSDT told me that there are 25 external control methods, only 16 resolved (9 unresolved).
I got 6 errors were:
12454, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0
14097, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting '('
14259, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting '('
14272, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_STORE
14274, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_STORE
14283, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_METHOD, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

so I tried with "refs.txt" (using the same common declarations listed on the guide) and got
"34 external control methods, only 25 resolved (9 unresolved)"
This time I got 5 errors:
14105, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting '('
14267, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting '('
14280, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_STORE
14282, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_STORE
14291, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_METHOD, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

I tried to patch every single common fix that I could apply from Rehabman and Pjalm repositories, including those recommended by the guide and all the syntax patches on the repositories, but those errors are still there.

I'm attaching all the files as requested by "problem reporting":
- patchmatic extraction
- IORegistryExplorer v2.1 extraction
- kextstat|grep .... results in terminal
- sudo touch .... results in terminal
- EFI/Clover without themes and with F4 collected ACPI tables

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
tried that too, but trying to compile the Clover F4 DSDT.aml gives me exactly the same errors of post #25

tried that too, but trying to compile the Clover F4 DSDT.aml gives me exactly the same errors of post #25

I disassembled the files you provided in post #25 (in ACPI/origin): iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
Then I opened DSDT.dsl in MaciASL, and using ACPI 6.1 (MaciASL->Preferences), no errors.

I'm sorry, I didn't notice I had an older MaciASL version and it didn't have ACPI 6.1.
Now I've fixed it, applied common patches without problems.
- I managed to get battery status (using Asus_N55SL/VivoBook + ACPIBatteryManager)
- I managed to get brightness control (using Brightness Fix + IntelBacklight)
- I managed to get FN keys to set brightness

The only common patches that I didn't apply were:
- Skylake LPC, it gave me many errors.
- Fix PNOT/PPNT, and I'm not putting any of my own SSDT in Clover (I only got DSDT.aml and PM ssdt.aml), is that ok?
- Remove _DSM methods

I have some doubts about:
- "7-series/8-series USB", I applied it but how can I be sure of the x-series that I actually have on my laptop?
- "OS Check Fix", I used the Windows 8 one.
- I applied "USB3_PWR 0x6D Skylake (instant wake)" but not "USB3_PWR 0x0D Skylake (instant wake)", are they mutually exclusive?

Now I'm going to try patch audio and I2C trackpad.

- Skylake LPC, it gave me many errors.

It is likely you forgot to apply "Remove _DSM methods" or "Rename _DSM methods to XDSM" prior to applying the patch. The guide is very clear on the need to take care of OEM _DSM prior to adding new _DSM methods.

- Fix PNOT/PPNT, and I'm not putting any of my own SSDT in Clover (I only got DSDT.aml and PM ssdt.aml), is that ok?

As per guide, you should not apply the PNOT patch if you're not dropping any SSDTs.

I have some doubts about:
- "7-series/8-series USB", I applied it but how can I be sure of the x-series that I actually have on my laptop?

These inject power properties for USB.

- I applied "USB3_PWR 0x6D Skylake (instant wake)" but not "USB3_PWR 0x0D Skylake (instant wake)", are they mutually exclusive?

Mutually exclusive. Correct patch depends on OEM DSDT content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back