HP 250 G6 Laptop
CPU
Intel i3-6006u @2.00 GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 520 (1366x768)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
hi everyone,
I'm trying to install 10.11.6 using the Clover guide for laptop posted here, on my Asus laptop in signature/profile infos.
Also, I'm getting some tips from the guide by Machanical here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-zenbook-ux303la-broadwell-edition.172279/

I can't totally follow that guide since my laptop is quite different, it's a Skylake with integrated graphics, the trackpad is not PS2 but I2C (I know it won't work) and I still don't have a compatible wifi card (I know the internal Intel won't work).

I already set DVMT-pre-alloc to 128MB in BIOS.
I successfully created the bootable USB with Clover, I can boot it and I can reach the installer, but Disk Utility cannot see the internal SATA HDD so I can't continue.
This looks like it was a problem on the Machanical guide too, and in order to be fixed, you need to patch the DSDT and SSDTs.
So I tried to patch my own.
I successfully extracted them and disassembled without errors (using refs.txt too, as on the guide).
Tried to patch the DSDT as shown on the Machanical guide, but didn't get the same errors, instead I got those different errors:
2017_01_07_20_47_18.jpg

Also, even if I fix those errors, I think I should not really follow that guide, since many patches are for Haskell/Broadwell, right?
I believe I need to use different patches.

any help?
thank you

hi everyone,
I'm trying to install 10.11.6 using the Clover guide for laptop posted here, on my Asus laptop in signature/profile infos.
Also, I'm getting some tips from the guide by Machanical here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-zenbook-ux303la-broadwell-edition.172279/

I can't totally follow that guide since my laptop is quite different, it's a Skylake with integrated graphics, the trackpad is not PS2 but I2C (I know it won't work) and I still don't have a compatible wifi card (I know the internal Intel won't work).

I already set DVMT-pre-alloc to 128MB in BIOS.
I successfully created the bootable USB with Clover, I can boot it and I can reach the installer, but Disk Utility cannot see the internal SATA HDD so I can't continue.
This looks like it was a problem on the Machanical guide too, and in order to be fixed, you need to patch the DSDT and SSDTs.
So I tried to patch my own.
I successfully extracted them and disassembled without errors (using refs.txt too, as on the guide).
Tried to patch the DSDT as shown on the Machanical guide, but didn't get the same errors, instead I got those different errors:
2017_01_07_20_47_18.jpg

Also, even if I fix those errors, I think I should not really follow that guide, since many patches are for Haskell/Broadwell, right?
I believe I need to use different patches.

any help?
thank you

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

That's exactly the guide I followed, but as I said, disk utility can't see my internal sata HDD in the installer

That's exactly the guide I followed, but as I said, disk utility can't see my internal sata HDD in the installer

If your drive is SATA, did you forget SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext?
If your drive is NVMe, did you forget to read the important information regarding NVMe in the FAQ?
If you need me to look at what you're doing...
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

using SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext fixed it, I could install flawlessy and it boots fine.
But now I'm still stuck at those DSDT patching errors, I need to patch my DSDT in order to get power management, battery indicator and brightness control

using SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext fixed it, I could install flawlessy and it boots fine.
But now I'm still stuck at those DSDT patching errors, I need to patch my DSDT in order to get power management, battery indicator and brightness control

Power management has nothing to do with DSDT.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

As for ACPI patching, read the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I will try to follow that guide again from the start then and will update here.

In the meanwhile I'm trying to identify the audio codec (not working).
in Windows (using Everest) I only could get this info:

HD Audio

[ Controller per High Definition Audio [8086-9D70] [NoDB] ]
Device Properties:
Device Description Controller per High Definition Audio [8086-9D70] [NoDB]
Device Description (Windows) Controller per High Definition Audio
Bus Type PCI
Device ID 8086-9D70
Subsystem ID 1043-1280
Revision 21
Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D70&SUBSYS_12801043&REV_21

[ Conexant Unknown ]
Device Properties:
Device Description Conexant Unknown
Device Description (Windows) Conexant SmartAudio HD
Device Type Audio
Bus Type HDAUDIO
Device ID 14F1-1F72
Subsystem ID 1043-1280
Revision 1000
Hardware ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_1F72&SUBSYS_10431280&REV_1000

[ Intel Unknown ]
Device Properties:
Device Description Intel Unknown
Device Description (Windows) Audio Intel(R) per schermi
Device Type Audio
Bus Type HDAUDIO
Device ID 8086-2809
Subsystem ID 8086-0101
Revision 1000
Hardware ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2809&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000

I will try to follow that guide again from the start then and will update here.

In the meanwhile I'm trying to identify the audio codec (not working).
in Windows (using Everest) I only could get this info:

[ Conexant Unknown ]
Device Properties:
Device Description Conexant Unknown
Device Description (Windows) Conexant SmartAudio HD
Device Type Audio
Bus Type HDAUDIO
Device ID 14F1-1F72
Subsystem ID 1043-1280
Revision 1000
Hardware ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_1F72&SUBSYS_10431280&REV_1000

It is Conexant. 14f1:1f72.
Get an audio codec dump from Linux to get marketing name.

I got the dump from Linux, but I cannot notice any valid marketing name, still looks unknown (attached). I guess I need to patch my own AppleHDA, right?

in the meanwhile, I'm trying to get native power management. But ssdtPRGen.sh tells me that my Skylake CPU is not supported since it is not used by any real MAC.
Error: board-id [Mac-7DF21CB3ED6977E5] not supported by Skylake – check SMBIOS data / use the -target option
I think I need to change SMBIOS, if so, which one could I use for my laptop?

Attachments

• codec_dump.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
I got the dump from Linux, but I cannot notice any valid marketing name, still looks unknown (attached). I guess I need to patch my own AppleHDA, right?

Linux sees it as "Conexant Generic".
It may depend on the version of Linux you decided to use.
You can search for existing XML/patched AppleHDA.kext/etc by searching for 0x14f11f72.
eg. 0x14f1 is Conexant.
and 0x1f72 is the specific Conexant codec.

in the meanwhile, I'm trying to get native power management. But ssdtPRGen.sh tells me that my Skylake CPU is not supported since it is not used by any real MAC.

Make sure you're using the beta branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back