Graphics
HD 630 (1920x1080) + Nvidia GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,
This is my 2nd post about this issue so far, I still haven't solved it yet :(

The issue is that the audio level in the menu bar does not change (keeps at maximum) when I change the volume using the keyboard keys. And this issue does not happen when connected to an external headphones...

My codec is Conexant CX20751/2

AppleHDA injector can be found here: https://github.com/the-braveknight/Lenovo-Z50-DSDT-Patch

Any idea where exactly this issue lies?
Any thought is appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello all,
This is my 2nd post about this issue so far, I still haven't solved it yet :(

The issue is that the audio level in the menu bar does not change (keeps at maximum) when I change the volume using the keyboard keys. And this issue does not happen when connected to an external headphones...

Any idea where exactly this issue lies?
Any thought is appreciated.

Thanks.

Does the volume change via SysPrefs->Sound? And what about via the menu bar control? If you open both, do they stay in sync as you change one or the other?

Does the volume change via SysPrefs->Sound? And what about via the menu bar control? If you open both, do they stay in sync as you change one or the other?

The volume does change from SysPrefs->Sound.
The menu bar audio slider does NOT change when volume UP/Down keys are pressed.
The level in SysPrefs->Sound also changes well.

So the volume does change actually, the only problem is that the menu bar audio level indicator and the menu bar icon does not change when volume keys are pressed.

The volume does change from SysPrefs->Sound.
The menu bar audio slider does NOT change when volume UP/Down keys are pressed.
The level in SysPrefs->Sound also changes well.

When you have SysPrefs->Sound open and change the volume via the menubar slider, does the slider in SysPrefs->Sound also change?

Do you get the OSD for volume when you use the keys?

When you have SysPrefs->Sound open and change the volume via the menubar slider, does the slider in SysPrefs->Sound also change?
Yes it does. But strangely, when I start to press the volume keys, the volume goes to maximum then starts changing...

Do you get the OSD for volume when you use the keys?
Not sure what 'OSD' stands for. :\

Then yes I do.

Then yes I do.

Check the various "Publish" keys in the layout XML. Compare with correctly working AppleHDA files (such as those from the Probook or my u430).

I tried comparing the Headphones Node's Amp dictionaries with those of the internal speakers, both Nodes don't have a the 'Amp' dictionaries, instead, they (3 Nodes) seem to use 2 shared ones. Please refer to my repo and have a look at my Platforms.plist...

Take a look here too so you can know the actual nodes:

I am really confused... I just don't know why that issue does not happen when headphones are connected...

Attachments

• codec_dump_dec.txt.svg.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 74
I tried comparing the Headphones Node's Amp dictionaries with those of the internal speakers, both Nodes don't have a the 'Amp' dictionaries, instead, they (3 Nodes) seem to use 2 shared ones. Please refer to my repo and have a look at my Platforms.plist...

Take a look here too so you can know the actual nodes:

I am really confused... I just don't know why that issue does not happen when headphones are connected...

It might have something to do with Conexant codecs not having a mixer. Not sure though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back