Contribute
Register

[solved]AppleHDA problem; audio level not changing in menubar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still doesn't explain why the audio level changes well when connected to headphones :(

Still doesn't explain why the audio level changes well when connected to headphones :(

All Apple HDA codecs seem to have mixers. OS X is written for Apple computers.

But maybe a fresh look at your AppleHDA XML would be helpful. (eg. patch from scratch, use working layout/platforms files as a template).

Okay, I know that OS X is written for Apple computers :\
But that's still not enough reason to give up on this problem :'(

Okay, I know that OS X is written for Apple computers :\
But that's still not enough reason to give up on this problem :'(

I'm not saying to give up, just trying to explain the possible difficulties you may run into.
You should look at other Conexant XML for AppleHDA and check with other people that have Conexant codecs.

The fact that you didn't mention the Conexant codec in post #1, is not likely to attract likely responders. I only responded because I happen to know which codec you have in your laptop...

Yep I'm trying to ;)

I noticed that Mirone's CX20752 patch also has the same issue...

Menu bar audio level still points to max and does not change, still changes when connected to headphones...

Can this really be a hardware issue? :\

I noticed that Mirone's CX20752 patch also has the same issue...

Menu bar audio level still points to max and does not change, still changes when connected to headphones...

Can this really be a hardware issue? :\

If it works on Windows, then it is by definition not a hardware issue. But Apple's software is not coded for random PC hardware.

Yeah...

Will do some more researches and see where I get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back