Contribute
Register

[solved] AppleBacklight.kext injector

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure it's clear what each part of SSDT-PNLF does...

Is the whole SystemMemory OR needed?
Also I believe GDID and BAR1 are for dev-id determination right? And since I don't need that I want to get rid of this code...

BAR1 is needed to determine the SystemMemory address of the PWM fields, not just PCI device-id determination.

BAR1 is needed to determine the SystemMemory address of the PWM fields, not just PCI device-id determination.
So I take it all the RMB1 OR is needed too, right?

I just want to know the simplest way I can inject the PWMMax, and your current 'hotpatch' is too generic.

So I take it all the RMB1 OR is needed too, right?

I just want to know the simplest way I can inject the PWMMax, and your current 'hotpatch' is too generic.

I don't know what you mean by "too generic".
If you want to inject ig-platform-id/etc with config.plist instead, just remove it from SSDT-IGPU...

I don't know what you mean by "too generic".
If you want to inject ig-platform-id/etc with config.plist instead, just remove it from SSDT-IGPU...

I just want to find the simplest way to inject PWMMax (use AppleBacklightInjector.kext). I don't need the auto device-id determination code, etc... I wondered if I could use correct AppleBacklightInjector.kext without ACPI patches.

EDIT:
Please take a look at my new SSDT-PNLF and tell me if it's what I should be doing:

Attachments

• SSDT-PNLF.dsl
    2.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hello RehabMan,
I've been trying to create an injector kext for my display, I used your u430 patch_backlight.sh script and created the injector kext and installed, I've also installed SSDT-PNLF, SSDT-Config and set it to 1 (Use AppleBacklight), SSDT-IGPU but I'm still not able to get my backlight control to work, it works well without the injector kext but when I install it I lose the backlight control completely.
I would also like to know how to get the correct data for my display.
Btw, I'm using ig-platform-id 0x0a2e0008 so I don't know if it matters.
Also I used ACPIDebug to know my BIOS-initialized PWMMax and it turns out to be 0x3a903a9
I'm attaching my problem reporting files.

Also I used ACPIDebug to know my BIOS-initialized PWMMax and it turns out to be 0x3a903a9
Q. How can you get PWMMax value? did you use SSDT-Debug.aml+ACPIDebug.kext? i can't see PWMMax value in kernel log
where is this?

Q. How can you get PWMMax value? did you use SSDT-Debug.aml+ACPIDebug.kext? i can't see PWMMax value in kernel log
where is this?

I used ACPIDebug.kext to verify my PWMMax (LEVX) before and after setting it with ACPI...

You can use this, don't forget to change it to the PWMMax you're trying to use.

Dont forget to copy SSDT-Debug to ACPI/patched and install ACPIDebug.kext

Attachments

• SSDT-PNLF-Debug.dsl
    2.3 KB · Views: 120
You didn't look very carefully.
F10Ta033
F10Ta034
F15Ta01a
and more...

Clearly is 0x56c PWMMax.
Don't assume that Apple runs 100% brightness at full PWM duty cycle.
can you explain how to read this config.plist? i dont get it. i only see a big table of numbers, of which none seem to correlate to any given other number.

or better: which values are required for ig: 0x191b0000?

Last edited:
I used ACPIDebug.kext to verify my PWMMax (LEVX) before and after setting it with ACPI...

You can use this, don't forget to change it to the PWMMax you're trying to use.

Dont forget to copy SSDT-Debug to ACPI/patched and install ACPIDebug.kext

okay i see you input 0x056C value. i want to know native my laptop PWMMax value from some kext and apci.

okay i see you input 0x056C value. i want to know native my laptop PWMMax value from some kext and apci.
No experience with Skylake, so I don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back